𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ᴛʜᴇ sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

𝐂𝐇 𝐗𝐈𝐕//𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐇 𝐗𝐈𝐕
//𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚ WE'VE BEEN FLYING FOR HOURS AND NO ONE HAS REALLY SAID MUCH. The wind is calm and the sky is quiet.

"Those clouds look so soft, don't they? Like you could just jump down and land on a cottony, fluffy heap." Katara dreams. I smile at the thought but Sokka chimes in, "you should try it sometime." He smirks. Since I'm sitting right next to him, I give him a push sending him to the other side of the saddle.

"You're hilarious." Katara dryly replies.

I look up, deeper into the blue sky. It's a lazy beautiful day. I breathe in the fresh air intel Aang shouts, "I'll try it!"

Next thing I know Aang has jumped off of Appa's head and disappeared in the clouds. His laughter echoes through the atmosphere.

Soon enough he glides his way back up.

"Turns out clouds are made of water." He airbends himself dry, messing up everyone's hair, "Cmon Aang this took me almost an hour to do." Sokka whines about his ponytail. "How does one spend an hour on a ponytail?" I ask myself.

"Because! I have very thick hair! Not all of us have natural wavy neat hair, Saki!" Sokka yells at me. I place my hand over my mouth, keeping me from busting out laughing. "You're such a diva." Katara giggles with me. Sokka turns bright red and crosses his arms while turning away from us pouting.

"Hey, what's that?" Katara points down to the ground. I follow her finger to the valley floor seeing burnt tree stumps and ash everywhere. "It's like a scar," Sokka whispers to himself, yet all of us heard him.

A pang of guilt, anger, disappointment all go through my body.

How could anyone do this?

Once we landed, Katara and Sokka took no time to dismount and explore.

Aang and I hesitated, still not comprehending.

"This is..." Aang begins,

"Awful." I finish.

I'm the first to leap off of Appa into the dead ground. Walking around, I feel so disconnected. The ash sticks to my fingers as I gently touch the burnt, charred twigs.

I can't believe this.

"Saki? Are you okay?" Katara worries. I can't bring myself to respond, neither could Aang when she asked him.

"Listen, it's so quiet. There's no life anywhere." Sokka pauses, "fire nation! Those evil savages make me sick! They have no respect for—"

"—Shhh!" Katara exclaims. I can feel her eyes on my back, switching to Aangs from time to time.

Walking deeper into the scene, I begin to wonder if I could've done anything.

I could've done something. You could have done something, Saki.

Getting lost in thinking of my failure, I didn't even notice Aangs voice.

"You're thinking the same thing, aren't you?" Aang interrupts me. I silently nod my head.

"It's a job of the avatars to protect nature, to care for, to look after. But how can I or you..." He looks down at the ground.

"We're just kids," I say intertwining our hands.

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗

"Hey, you two ready to be cheered up?" Katara beams.

"No." Aang and I say in unison.

Next thing I know an acorn flys across the few yards separating us, hitting Aang in the side of the head.

"Ow!"

"Hey! How is this supposed to cheer me up?" Aang asks frustrated.

"Hehe, cheered me up." Sokka laughs. Katara repeats her actions, resulting in an acorn hitting his head too.

"Ow! Yeah, I probably deserved that." Sokka rubs his temples.

I take the acorn in my hand, studying it for a while, "acorns?"

"These acorns are everywhere. That means the forest will grow back. Every one of these trees will be tall oak trees someday, and all the birds and animals that lived here will come back." She smiles.

I stand up to meet Katara. We don't say anything. She reaches for my hand, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you."

We pull apart. I notice an old man walking our way. Katara is startled by his sudden appearance. Still deciding if he's trustworthy or not, I step in front of my friends.

"Who are you?"

"So it's true." He examines, "the little boy, the air-nomad markings... and you. The water tribe girl. Who bent fire instead of ice."

I furrow my eyebrows together, "so it's out? Everyone knows?"

"Not everyone believes. Even the fire nation. They think you're some kind of myth. But I... I always knew." He hasn't broken any eye contact with me.

"You two are the avatars." He breathes.

Aang and I share the same look.

"Please, my village desperately needs your help." He pleads.

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐋

The sun begins to set, casting a golden glow around us. As we follow the old man into his village, I notice it's not far off from the forest.

Burned, destroyed.

We enter a building in the center of town. People are gathered, many looking terrified.

Is it the fire nation?

What is coming?

"These children, Chief. They're the avatars. I told you they would return." The old man beams.

"So the rumors are true. The air-nomad and the water tribe warrior." He bows respectively to both of us. "It is the greatest honor of a lifetime to be in your presence." Aang and I return the favor, "nice to meet you too." Aang smiles.

"Is there something you... need our help with?" I question. The Chief looks pained to answer me. "I'm not sure."

I honestly got too lazy to write the whole episode in this chapter so I'm just gonna split it in two...🤷‍♀️