Part 1

The sky outside was dark with clouds, clouds threatening to spray water down. The sun was probably going to be hidden for a few more days. The pale white girl with red hair, I was bound to stick out. I head over to the front door, I picked up an umbrella just in case. I open the door and walk to the mailbox in the front yard. It was a rather strange mailbox it was built into the brick wall of the front yard.

I open the back of the mailbox, most of these letters were most likely for the previous person who lived here.  I grabbed the bunch of mail,  returning back into the house as it started to pour down hard. I rushed into the doorway and slammed the door shut, hopefully, I didn't break the door!

I walk into the kitchen and place the mail onto the bench, I hear the doorbell go. When I opened the door, there was a boy about my age holding a plate of brown bread with icing on it.

"Hello, my name is Harrison, I'm your new next-door neighbour", as a greeting he held out his hand. I shook his hand and introduced myself, "It's nice to meet you, my name is Jordan".

"I made this fruit bread with strawberry icing for you, I hope you enjoy it.", He said smiling as he was placing into my hands. "Thank you very much!", I like fruit bread so I would most definitely like this.

He seemed very nice, I should probably let him in and offer a drink," Would you like to come in and possibly have some refreshments?".  He nodded in acceptance, I widened the door to let him in. "Should I leave my shoes outside?", Harrison asked, " We have a platform for our shoes right ahead", I replied. He took his shoes off on the mat and stepped into the house and out of the doorway. I shut the door behind him and led him to the kitchen.