Chapter:6

As I worked in the boutique, several women came in and out. Around noon I was about to close for lunch when a guy stopped by the window. He winked at me before going on. I flipped the sign and went to eat my lunch. When I was done eating, I went back, flipped the sign and went back to doing whatever I was doing before I went for lunch.

I went and stocked shelves and started putting new inventory out. I changed the date of the new inventory sign to today. Then when the owner came by, let me go. There was a prison nearby and a family member was residing there. I had to go through security and take every inch of metal off.

Then went to the room to talk to him. My dad caught him dealing drugs and other things that were hard to get. He trusted me to not tell. I didn't tell. Andrew caught him dealing one day and told our dad. What Andrew didn't know was that he put away the man that was keeping me safe from someone that should have been put in prison for life or got a death sentence.

He sat down in front of me and picked up the phone. "How are you doing Haidyn?" He asked. "Good. And yourself?" I asked him. "Eh. Can't complain. So, what's going on in Mayberry?" He asked. "New biker gang rode into town a week after my last visit." I answered.

"Name of gang?" He asked. "Malevolent." I answered. "Never heard of them." He said. "Ok. I can't remember the name." I admitted. "How bout Anarchy?" He asked. "The Demons of Anarchy?" I asked. "Yup." He answered. "Yeah. The prez is running the diner I work at and his son comes by everyday to run interference with four of his buddies." I said.

"Other than that, regular life?" He asked. "Pretty much. How's prison life?" I asked. "Two more years." He said. We both chuckled. "And what if I was engaged by the time you got out?" I asked. "Oh well. As long as your not pregnant." He said. "No way will I be pregnant." I said.

"There's a guy here that says he's with the Demons. Said they gave him up for a drug run he was supposed to make." He said. "I can't do anything." I said. "You don't have to." He said. "I'll bring ya a Christmas present next time I visit." I told him. "It was nice seeing ya cuz." He said. "You too." I replied.

"Visiting is over for ya Michael." A guard said. "See ya at Christmas." I said. "You too Haidyn." He said as the hung the phone on the hook. I hung mine up and went to leave. A guy caught my attention. He had been sitting there looking around waiting for someone. I asked the guard about him. "He was supposed to be waiting on his brother. Man hasn't came yet. Visiting time is almost over." He answered.

"Does he usually have to wait?" I asked. "Yeah. Brother never shows up. He's got no reason to wait for whoever it is." He said. "Could I speak with him?" I asked. "He's got five minutes. If you want to talk to him, he may open up more." He said. I sat down in the chair in front of his.

I gave it a few seconds before I tapped on the glass. His head shot up. A relieved look cross his face. I got the phone off the receiver. He did the same. "How long have you been sitting there?" I asked. "Two maybe three hours." He said. "How often do you sit here waiting?" I asked. "Once a week." He answered. "Got anything better to do?" I asked. "No." He answered.

"Would you like a visitor?" I asked. "Are you going to show up when you mean to?" He asked. "I keep my word." I answered. "When would you visit next?" He asked. "Christmas eve. I promised my cousin I'd bring him something." I said. "Who's your cousin?" He asked. "Michael Picket." I answered.

"He's a nice guy. I was cell mates with him for a bit." He said. "Yeah. Got too many warnings and went to prison." I said. "Well, I guess he and I both went in for the same thing." He said. "Drugs?" I asked. "Yeah." He answered. "What are your plans after this?" I asked. "See if my MC is where it was before." He answered.

"What's their name? I could possibly see where they are now and keep you posted." I told him. "Demons of Anarchy." He said. "Oh. Their thirty minutes away." I said. He scoffed. "I take it you know the Prez?" He asked. "One minute." The guard said. "Yeah. He runs the diner I work at." I answered. "I'll see ya when you come back." He said.

"Anything specific you want next time I visit?" I asked. "I would say a home cooked meal but I'll settle for anything you bring." He said. "Stay out of trouble until then." I said. "I promise. Um. May I please have your name?" He asked. "Haidyn." I answered. "Briant." He replied. I smiled. "See you next time." I said. He smiled. "Times up." The guard called.

"I'll have them call for you so your not sitting there the entire time." I said. He nodded.