Wood

SAMCRO currently crowds a small St. Thomas waiting room. It's a rare sight to see the outlaw club so visible with their anger and stress that has most workers bypassing the vicinity. However, most don't know if the club is waiting to hear news about Doctor Knowles or the Fed that had suffered intensive trauma to the abdomen to the stomach and shoulder. The Fed, Joshua Kohn, was currently heavily sedated. It was unspoken that if SAMCRO got their hands on the man all the hard work of the nurses and doctors would go to waste.

The only person brave enough to face the Sons of course was Sheriff Unser. Then again he had answers that the nurses and doctors couldn't provide the Sons as they abided by their moral and ethical codes.

"So Kohn had a gunshot wound to the belly and shoulder. He's on thin ice. Tara is fine. Just some bruising from the rope they bound her with." Unser informs them.

"That fucker should be dead," Jax states from his chair. He thinks he is almost pissed that Hector almost got the chance to kill the slimy former Fed.

"Well he is in for an extensive care because of the gut shot." Unser says.

"He got guards?" Clay asks.

"ATF." Unser tells them. "They don't want my guys on it."

"The Good Doctor?"

"Said she'll be willing to talk to Jax," Unser answers to Clay's question. The guys all turn to Jax as he sighs and stands up.

"Oh here," Unser says as he brings his hand out. Jax opens his palm where cool metal meets it. It's Noelle's engagement ring and wedding band. "They were on the girl." Unser tells him with a soft smile.

Jax clenches the rings in his palm. He almost forgot that Kohn had managed to kill Hector's old lady. He knows that the result of this isn't a good sign for Noelle. He knows that Hector losing the woman he loves will make him unhinged.

...

Tara hates that she perpetuated the stereotype of doctors making the worse patients, but she couldn't handle the constant prodding and questions from the staff. She didn't even know why she was at St. Thomas when she had told everyone that she was fine. Hector didn't care about her presence at all and when Kohn had burst through those attic doors she knew why. Hector's rage was all directed towards Noelle and he had taken her somewhere.

Tara actually feels guilty as she knows she played a part in all of this. She knew what Josh was capable of and she didn't tell anyone. She let him harasses children. And she knew that he had given Hector the push he needed to take Noelle from her family.

She was a doctor who had taken an oath to do no harm especially when it came to children, but she had gone against her oath. She should have gone to Hale as soon as she knew Kohn was in town. Instead, she didn't. She even let him feed her bullshit about him being there went above the restraining order.

A knock comes from her door and she instantly wipes away the tears that she felt building in her eyes. The door opens and Jax walks through. She thinks Jax has grown a lot in their years apart. His boyish charm was gone and replaced with something more rough and dangerous. She is sure that is appealing to a lot of woman in Charming as it was when they were teens. But apparently they were out of luck considering he is a married man with three children.

He enters her room slowly and stands by the edge of the bed. His blue eyes flicker over her body before they land back on her face. "I'm sorry this happened to you."

Tara gives him a small smile. "Not your fault."

"Did he do anything?"

Tara shakes her head. "No. He never got the chance and Hector didn't care about me."