Love Love Love

Gemma watches her daughter in law prep some food for the family dinner.

Noelle has been her usual self; nothing seems out of the ordinary. Noelle is dressed in her casual clothes of skin tight jeans and a fitted t-shirt. Her blonde hair is up in a high ballerina bun and of course she is rocking her signature red lips. Despite the simplicity of the outfit, Noelle pulls it off as if she is walking a runway.

However no one has Gemma's eyes. Despite the outfit and her overall demeanor she knows Noelle is bothered by a recent arrival in Charming.

Everyone knew about Jax and Tara's toxic relationship. Gemma had to bail the two of them out of lockup lots of times for incidents of public intoxication or indecent exposure. Now, Gemma understood how love could make someone crazy, she did. She understood teenage hormones as well. And she would prefer her son went through a hormone fueled infatuation while he was still a young teenager before he became a patch.

Despite all of that, it didn't erase the fact what Jax and Tara had was unhealthy.

Even more so when Noelle came into the picture when they were in high school, Gemma still remembers the day her son had handed her a note from his teachers saying that due to his low grades he was being assigned a tutor.

Sadly, Gemma didn't give a shit one way or another. She and Clay had already let Jax have the option of dropping out to get his GED as he had plans just to start Prospecting when he turned 18. Besides, the topic was in science and considering Tara had big plans on becoming a surgeon, he could've gone to her for help.

Yet what shocked Gemma was that instead of blowing off his tutor, he had attended every session much to the irritation of Tara. Gemma remembers how in a fit of a teenage rage Tara had unloaded to her about the busty blonde cheerleader with wavy hair and red lipstick. How she just knew that Noelle and Jax possibly had something. Gemma called horse shit on that considering her son wasn't stupid. If he was getting ass, he would make sure it was outside of Charming or he and Tara were on one of their numerous breaks to fool around. But at the time, Gemma knew that Noelle Harper was a beautiful girl. A beautiful girl with tan skin and model legs, blonde hair always styled in lose curls. And of course, her pouty lips were always painted red.

She could see why Tara would be jealous. Tara was a soft classic beauty with dark features, but pale skin. Noelle was her opposite.

She thinks that's why Jax and Noelle work as a couple today.

And despite her and Noelle's rocky beginning, she always liked her. After all, Noelle stuck around. She found a balance that worked for her and Jax. She never pulled Jax in 10 directions.

It wasn't as if Gemma didn't like Tara. She honestly fully supported the girl wanted to becoming some high end surgeon. She just didn't forgive the girl for hurting her baby. Gemma knew the relationship wasn't going to last, but she still didn't like seeing her baby boy all tore up. She felt Tara could've handled the split better than she did. After all, she had decided to become Jax's Old Lady and take on those responsibilities.

Gemma washes her hands at her sink and dries them off with a towel as she approaches her daughter in law, "I hear the Good Doctor is back in town."

"She's a surgeon actually," Noelle replies without missing a beat.

The corner of Gemma's lips tug up, "You okay with her being AJ's doctor."

"She's not his doctor." Noelle tells her. "She's Dr. Namid's assist."

"And why exactly is AJ going back for observations?"

Noelle sighs and turns to look at her. "Can you ask what you really want to ask?"