Touch

Noelle is getting ready for work in the bathroom when Jax walks in with a serious case of bed hair, as it sticks in all directions, and clad in his boxers. He comes up from behind her and wraps her in a hug.

"Morning," she greets with a soft smile.

"Morning," he replies as he places a kiss on her shoulder. She watches him smirk as his eyes look down her chest where a few of the hickies he gave her are hidden underneath her maxi dress. She nudges him in the side and he only laughs.

"Not funny." She scolds him gently. She looks like a leper honestly.

"You weren't complaining last night."

Noelle glares at him through the mirror and he places a kiss on her neck as an apology before he balances his chin on her shoulder. "You okay?" He asks her more serious and his hold becomes tighter.

Her ocean blue eyes connect with his steely ones. "I am."

He searches her face for any type of doubt in her words, but she turns around and cups his cheek. "I am, Jax." She assures him. "I love you and trust you."

Noelle doesn't trust Tara. She doesn't know why, but she just doesn't. She gets that her father is on his death bed, but just the visit to the store doesn't sit well with Noelle.

Noelle places a kiss to Jax's lips and even though he tries to deepen it and she can feel him stirring against her abdomen, she really needs to leave. She pulls back and wipes some of the gloss on her lips off his lips. "You should pick up Addie from your mom's. Take the kids out for breakfast." She suggests.

"Okay," Jax agrees. "I can meet you for lunch."

Noelle smiles as she wraps her arms around his neck. "Are you asking me on a lunch date or you trying to get a nooner?"

Jax flashes a blinding smile. "We can do both."

Noelle rolls her eyes as she places another kiss on his lips. "I gotta go. I love you."

"Love you too, babe."

____________________________

With him being home for almost two months now, his kids have bypassed the walking on eggshells so to speak. Now that they are comfortable with his presence, Jax is seeing the side of the kids that Noelle had to raise by herself. And right now he doesn't know how she didn't lose her goddamn mind raising his wild offspring.

"You two need to knock it off," Jax says he stops Noah and AJ from messing around at the table. Addie isn't any help as she laughs at their antics of eating a weird mixture of spices that are on the table or making loud animal noises. "Do you guys act like this with your mother?" He mumbles to himself.

Addie snorts next to him. "No, they're actually scared to misbehave around Mom."

"So I'm not scary?" He asks with feigned shock.

"No," all his kids reply. Leave it to them to be the only ones not scared by him.

And in the million years, Jax had never thought that this would be him with not only one, but three kids. He had always envisioned him just having a Harley and a kutte, but he also had a family. His children are a beautiful mixture of him and Noelle and these were the days he wishes his dad and Thomas was alive. He wishes his kids and his father and brother could've met them. His wishes his Dad and brother could've been there to see him get married for them to even meet Noelle. He doesn't realize how much he has lost with having his dad and brother gone. Doesn't realize how these smaller moments in the larger threads of his life can have so much meaning.