P A R T 00.01

[00.01]

CHANGES

'She wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddesses half hell.

-NIKITA GILL'

A L I C E

•~•~•

THE SOUND OF newborn babies crying as their mothers whispered soothing words to them made me want to vomit.

I never quite understand why I didn't like children? I was once myself one, but as I've grown older I began to dislike them. Closing my eyes, I put in my earbuds, drowning out the sounds around me.

But no matter what I'd do, she'd always seem to find something to complain about. As though me busting my ass to get money to pay all our bills, wasn't enough. As though seeing a full bank account was too much of a pleasure for me, that she had to take away.

Sadly, this is not how I planned my 18th birthday to go. I was supposed to have saved enough money to finally move out to my own place. Out here in England. So the witch heard, and decided to load on a plane ticket on her daughter and tag along, smirking all along the way.

For my life, and my sanity, I wanted her to be on a different plane. My plan was to go the the airport and 'buy the tickets', but in reality, I was going to board the first plane leaving. And once I got to England, call and tell her things got mixed up and that her plane flight was in a few days.

Then I would have some time for myself, and though I would not be with her. Imagine her suffering, from bringing everything from our home and onto the plane, drinking wine, although I hate it.

Freaking disgusting. Mostly because I've never tried it?

But here I am, on a plane, crammed next to some guy, in a tight suit, hugging all his fat, and suffocating his gut.

He had a round face, a beer-belly, and slick, black hair, coated in grey hairs. Though he had a small scowl on his face, you could see the kindness, and care, hidden beneath. He looked at me, offering a smile, sensing my stare on him.

I smiled back, much too awkwardly, before turning away.

Suddenly, my seat began moving back and forth. It went on for a while. It took everything in me not to turn around and tell the person off. Eventually I got fed up and turned around, telling the mother things best not said.

Even, when a child was present, staring at me like I was an ogore.

I sat back down with a huff, catching a glance from my mother at the back of the plane. She was laying down, talking with some old man, laughing and touching his shoulder, and not in a 'I want to be your friend', way.

I rolled my eyes, wishing she would have just stayed behind in Canada.

Or possibly died.

'This is going to be a long 17 hours.' My wolf, Evana, said whilst placing her head on her paws.

"Indeed it is." I replied back, resting my head on the cool, leather seat. The man next to me smiled again, and lossend his tie. He huffed, before resting his head back onto the seat as well, taking in a huge breath.

The sun shined in my eyes, snapping me out of my daze and out to the small window, seeing the last bit of Canada, and into the pink and orange sunset.