Chapter Seventeen

" Girl your place is nice," Irene complimented as she continue to look around.

" Thank you. Lets go to my bedroom and catch up," I informed before taking hold of her hand and leading her upstairs.

" You have gained weight, check that ass," she said with a giggle giving my ass a slap and I turned to playfully glare at her.

"Don't even know why I have been gaining weight, I eat right and hit the gym too," I whined twirling around to check my behind in the mirror.

" Its one of those things," she dismissed. " Is that Micheal house over there," she pointed at the house, looking at me for confirmation.

" Yeah and it seems he is around cos his room lights is on," I responded and Irene turned to look at me suspiciously.

" Are you guys still screwing?" she exclaimed and I picked my pillow to throw at her.

" Hell no!" I responded.

" Then how the hell did you know which window is for his room?" She asked with raised eyebrow.

" Cos I have been seeing him leaning against the window occasionally," I answered before taking a seat on my couch.

" Lets go over to his place," Irene stated excitedly taking hold of my hand.

" Nope am not going there," I declined.

" Why not? I thought you guys were kinda friends now," she responded slightly confused.

" His mum is a nightmare. Can you believe I went over to visit Damien when he broke his leg and the woman sacked me from her compound and warned me not to speak to her son again," I informed, my mood dampening a little as I recall the day.

" Wait a minute when did Damien break his leg and why was his mum rude to you?" she asked in surprised.

" He came climbing through my bedroom window to apologise when he landed me into trouble with my dad," I informed.

" This is getting interesting!" She interjected her eyes bright with glee." So what kinda of trouble was that ?" She asked.

" He kissed me across the street and unfortunately for me, my dad saw it," I rushed out hoping 
she didn't catch the kiss part.

" Damn, are you guys acting a movie or something!" She giggled.

" He took me by surprise," I replied trying to get her to stop laughing.

" So how did he end up with a broken leg. Did your dad beat his ass ," she asked, amusement in her voice.

" Naa I mistakenly pushed him off my window when my mom was coming,"I replied grimacing at the memory.

" oh boy, lucky him. And he just walk away with a broken leg," she uttered and I nodded in agreement.

" He even hid in the hedges till my mum stoped looking out of the window before limping off to his house. I was so worried but I couldn't sneak out of the house to help him,"  I reminisced.

" So have you talked to him afterwards?" She asked.

" Naa, his mum won't allow me enter the house and none of his number is going through," I stated.

" so what you gonna do?" She asked in concern.

" Nothing. At least he is healed now,so no need to seek him out," I reasoned and she nodded in understanding.

" But you sure want to see his fine ass, don't you," she stated in a teasing manner.

" Hey stop it okay, I don't want to see him," I denied giving her a straight face.

" Somebody lie," she replied pulling her tongue at me . There is absolutely no way you are going to forget him after he dicked you down," she continued.

" Stop being nasty," I replied using Mr brown voice and she bursted into a hearty laugh.

" So what are you wearing for the graduation on Wednesday?" I questioned trying to changed the topic.

" I will have to show it to you later, but take a look at the necklace I bought," She suggested and I left the couch to sit beside her on the bed.

She began to rummage through her bag but couldn't find the necklace.

"Just empty the content of the bag on the floor. Is easier to find it that way," I advised when I noticed her frustration growing.

" Yeah good idea." She agreed before turning the bag upside down to empty  it's content.

" What is this," I bend down to pick a pink box among her things.

" Hey give me that," she tried taking it from me but I quickly stood up from the floor to get a chance to read the inscription on the box.

" Pregnancy test?" I asked in astonishment. " Irene are you pregnant," I questioned in horror.

" I don't know okay, but I feel like I am. Been feeling nauseous since last week and all those bullshit that comes with pregnancy," she blurted out  in exasperation.

" So what are you gonna do?" I asked her in concern.

" Do the pregnancy test then take it from there," she replied solemnly.

" It shall be well. I don't mind if you do it here though," I told her.

" Yeah I know but sincerely am afraid of the result dear," she replied agitatedly.

" You know what am going to do this with you, as a form of support," I assured her and she nodded in relief.

I took one of the box and we entered the bathroom together to do the test. We waited for a while before checking on it.

"God thank you!" Irene screamed in excitement , jumping up and down before engulfing me in hug.

" Was it negative? " I asked and she bobbed her head up and down to confirm it.

" That is good news then," I stated in relief and tightened my hold on her.

" let me check yours," she said stretching her hand to take mine on the sink.

" What is it?" I asked in worry when I noticed the fright etched on her face.

" Your test..." she spoke softly.

" What about it?" I asked in distressed, taking it out of her hand.

" What's wrong with it?" I questioned not seeing anything amiss.

"Can't you read the sign on it?" She asked pointing at it.

" Am I...... preg_nant ? " I turned to look at her as my eyes widen in terror and she nodded in confirmation.

" Hold me," I muttered suddenly feeling dizzy as I swayed to the left my head knocking against the bathroom wall and everything want black.

A/N
Please vote. Will love to hear your thoughts.