Chapter Three

I finally walked out of Alan's hostel with my shoulders slumped and my head bowed in sadness and pain. I felt useless. I couldn't go on with a simple plan to get him back. What made my heart ached more was Dorcas seeing me in tears. No matter how hard I tried,  I couldn't stop the flow of my tears.

I felt something wet hit my forehead and I looked up to see that it was cloudy and already drizzling. I would have run out of the rain at this moment but somehow I felt the rain will be able to soothe my pain.

I continued to wander in it as others quickly rushed past me. I became drenched from head to toe as the rain poured down heavily, my tears mixing with it.

" Hey, do you want a lift?" I heard someone say and turned to look in the direction of the voice.

It was a guy whose face I couldn't make out due to the rain even when I squinted. He was driving a white, expensive looking car. I am quite dumb when it comes to cars so I actually didn't know the model.  I shook my head to decline the offer and continued to trek on.

I watched in horror as the car continued to follow me at a slower pace. What the hell is happening? Was I about to be kidnapped? I looked around and there was nobody else on the street apart from a few cars zooming past.

I began to quicken my steps as my heart beat frantically against my ribcage at the prospect. I turned to look back and the car was still following me, this time very closely.

I broke into a run when the car came to halt and I saw the guy walk out of his car and began to stride towards my direction and finally took off after me.

"Jesus!" I screamed out when I felt his hand go around my waist and hoist me up on his shoulders.

I began to kick my legs about frantically in other to make him loosen his grip on me. His hold rather tightened at my reaction and I  began to lose hope when he quickly opened his back seat and threw me in.

I tried to get out of the car but realised he had put the child lock in place.

" Somebody help me!" I screamed out and began to hit my hands against the window screen. I heard the driver side bang closed as he came to sit down.

" What you are doing is fruitless, nobody will hear you," he stated calmly, unperturbed by my screams.

" Please don't hurt me, I'm the only daughter of my parents," I pleaded tears streaming down my face when I realized he had a point.

" What makes you think I will hurt you?" He questioned in a deep sounding sexy voice.

" You just kidnapped me," I replied sadly, my throat slightly raw from too much crying.

" I have got enough girls around me, don't need to kidnap one," he responded in a cocky manner, with a slight chuckle.

" So what do you want from me?" I questioned timidly.

" Your heart," he stated simply, and I could see him watching my reaction in the rear view mirror.

" Please don't use me for rituals," I beseeched, my heart beating frantically. He busts out into a hearty laughter which rumbles off his throat in a musical manner. If I wasn't in danger, I would have said it was the most beautiful laughter I have ever heard.

" Get down!" he suddenly commanded and I heard a click sound which meant he had unlocked the door.

" What?" I questioned slightly in confusion not really sure I was hearing him right.

" We are at your hostel can't you see?"  he questioned whilst pointing his hand outside.

I followed the direction and gazed out to notice that indeed we were at my hostel.

" How do you know where I live on campus?" I questioned slightly perplexed.

" I have my ways," he stated.
" Will you get down or should I take you away?" he questioned in irritation when I was still seated at the back seat.

I hurriedly got down at the speed of lighting as he drove the car away at top speed. What the hell just happened?

I heaved a sigh of relieve that I was finally out of danger zone. The confusing part was he not doing any harm to me, but how did he get to know my hotel. Does he know me or what?

I continued to maul over the issue before getting to my room. My roommate Irene was busily shoving food in her mouth.

" Girl, don't you have an umbrella?" She exclaimed when she noticed my wet appearance.

" A whole lot of things have happened today," I stated as I made my way towards her.

" Don't move an inch! You will get the whole place wet," she exclaimed before quickly going for my towel and tossing it at me.

" Dry yourself, I'm going to get you an attire from your closet to change into," she instructed before returning with a straight dress and a mop. She was actually a neat freak.

" Now spill, what happened?" She questioned after I was done changing and sitting in bed.

I narrated my almost kidnapped incident to her. I intentionally left out my encounter with Alan out, not wanting to broadcast my relationship issue.

" Girl that was strange. Did you see the guy's face?" She asked in perplexed.

" I didn't, I was at the backseat and I was too scared out of my wits to make an effort to make out his face," I responded.

" Do you think we should report the case, as a safety precaution?" She asked her face creased in worry.

" No I don't see the need, since I can't even say his car number or even describe him," I replied which she nods in agreement. " You actually have a point.

****
We were now watching 'W', a Korean series about an hour later when we heard a knock.
" I'm going to check it out," Irene blurted out before getting out of the bed.

" Angie you have a visitor!" She stated and I went to check who it was.

" Damien what are you doing here," I questioned in surprise, he being the last person I ever expected to see at my doorstep.

" Can I come in?" he questioned with an eyebrow raised.

" Not really, just tell me what you want and be on your way," I rudely stated whilst he chuckled in amusement.

" You still feisty, I like it" he stated before briefly touching my cheeks which I shrug off.

" If you have nothing to say, just be on the move," I spat out.

"I just came to return the bag you left in my car," he stated before handing me my bag whilst he watched my reaction intently.

" So you were the guy who almost kidnapped me today," I breathed out, as realisation dawned on me, as I suddenly felt stupid for not recognising his voice.

" Point of correction, I helped transport you safely to your hostel. I didn't have the intention of kidnapping," he firmly replied.

" Whatever, just don't try that with me again," I replied, trying to hide my embarrassment by playing tough.

"Oh holy Mary, I didn't know you could easily get afraid at the prospect of being kidnapped. Didn't you believe Jesus could save you," he mocked and made an attempt to move my hair which was over my eyes.

"Don't touch me!" I moved back to avoid his touch.

"Don't I get to touch you, after helping you out," he chastised in a playful voice and smirked in return when I frowned before he walked away, his musky scent lingering behind.

What do you think is Angie relationship with Damien?
Vote, comment and share!