Chapter Eleven

5 days later...

"You realised the faculty dinner is tomorrow right?" Damien questioned  me after class.

" Yep I know," I answered as I adjusted my school bag.

" And do you have an attire for the occasion?" he asked as we made our way towards the packing lot.

" Yes I do, " I answered and he chuckled.

" What's funny?" I questioned with a slight frown.

" Do you mean those long non- flattery dress I see you wear to church?" he replied and I could sense a hint of amusement in his voice.

" There is nothing wrong with it," I frowned slightly.

" Angie there is everything wrong with it. Trust me if you want to get a guys attention all those dresses you have need to be thrown away. Especially the one you are wearing now," he stated like it was obvious.

I bent down to look at my dress again and suddenly felt self conscious.

" That is how I like my dresses," I replied a bit harshly.

" Hey no need to be defensive, but that is the only way you can catch Alan's attention again," he stated calmly.

" Okay I get it. So what do you suggest I do?" I sighed in defeat.

"Follow me I got an idea," he said before he took my hand and drag me to his car.

" Where are we going?" I asked whilst I put on my seat belt.

" You will know when we get there," he spark the car before replying.

******
" Get down," he demanded when he finally parked the car.

" Damien I don't have money on me," I said when I realised we were parked in front of a boutique.

"Just follow me," he commanded and made his way towards the boutique in quick strides.

" Damien!" A girl about Eighteen with long black hair, chocolate skin and a slender face screamed and jumped on Damien  embracing him the moment we entered the store.

" Ciara," Damien said in an equal excited voice before hugging her back.

" I miss you so much," she gash out looking at Damien in adoration.

" Me more," Damien replied with a smile.

I stood there awkwardly and watched their interactions and I could tell I was totally forgotten.

" Hello how may I help you," Ciara asked when she turned and saw me.

" She is with me," Damien replied.

" Is she your girlfriend," she questioned in curiosity and I could tell she was assessing me from the way her eyes quickly moved over my body.

" Not really," Damien quickly replied.

" Yeah yeah she ain't your type but she is so pretty" she stated as if i wasn't  even standing there.

"Ciara!" Damien chastised and she just  gave him a naughty grin.

" Pardon my rudeness, am Ciara, Damien cousin," she introduced herself with a kind smile and eagerly took her hand and introduced myself.

" Angie whatever you do don't fall my cousin okay, he is a player ," she stated whispering the last part. Not a chance in hell. I thought and smiled.

" I heard that," Damien injected and Ciara covered her mouth trying to hide her laughter.

" Why are you guys here though?" she questioned.