"Linds," Xander draws out, going around the table and wrapping his arms around me.

"I'll head out with you," Buffy states, standing up as well.

Sending her a thankful smile, I hug Willow before I leave with Buffy. As we're weaving our way to the door, a feeling of being watched emerges. Turning, I don't see anyone in particular looking my way.

"What do you think of the whole Angel situation?" I ask Buffy, considering she knows him close to as much as I do.

The slayer shrugs. "He does pop in and out, and then is gone for days, but if your feelings are strong enough then I'd see what happens when you talk to him."

I nod, thinking it's best to talk to Angel again. He said to give him time before, but that has been weeks ago. By now, I thought things would have been better—seeing Angel more often and us going out like a normal—couple? No, that's not right because we haven't defined what we are. We aren't dating, and I'm already feeling this down.

As I'm in my head, I notice Buffy stop. Turning to look at her, she hands me a stake from her jacket. Taking the stake, I hold it in a tight grip as I stand straighter.

"It's late, I'm tired, and I don't want to play games. Show yourself."

Hearing bodies drop behind us, Buffy grabs another stake from inside her jacket. She spins, aiming the stake into the chest of one of the vampires, but one standing the right of the middle vampire grabs her arm. Buffy lets out a sound of shock, and as I turn to stake the one behind me, he reaches his arm out. His fingers wrap around my throat, keeping me at arms length so I'm unable to reach his heart, which is covered with the metal his wearing from a chest plate. In fact, all three are wearing metal chest plates and also other armor.

The other two vampires grab each of Buffy's arms, holding them out as they drag us into the alley. The vampires have Buffy against the wall, as the one with his hand gripping my throat, nails biting into the flesh, brings me into his chest before spinning me around so my back is against his front. His arm wraps around my torso so I have little ability to move about.

"Look, I really don't want to fight all three of you—unless I have to." Buffy elbows the one on her right. When he lets go of her arm, Buffy tries to hit the other one, but he blocks her fist, kneeing her in the stomach.

Leaning forward, I try to acquire some space between me and the one holding me, but with no prevail. He grunts, tightening his grasp. As the others try to get along of Buffy again, I grip the stake and bring it backward. The stake lodges into the vampire's thigh, causing him to growl and raises his hand to my throat once more. With the constraints gone against my arms, my hands start clawing at the vampire's hand, trying to get him to allow air back into my lungs.

Buffy continues to struggle with the two vampires as they put her against the gate in the alley again. Her eyes travel to me, then to the vampire holding onto me. Feeling my throat start to close off, my skin begins to warm. The vampire furrows his eyebrows, looking at me. Flashing his fangs, he beings to lean in, but with a jolt his head is pulled from its descent to my neck.

"Good dogs don't bite." Angel punches the vampire holding me.

With the strength holding me gone, my body turns lax for a moment as air gets into my lungs. Angel's eyes run down my body, looking for any injuries as Buffy, using the advantage of the distraction, kicks both her legs up and hits the vampires holding her in the face. The one who had him in his grasp goes to grab me once more, but Angel gets between us. Buffy is now fighting one of the three as the third knocks me off my feet—the breath leaves me as my back hits the pavement. Seeing his sneering face above me and his hands reaching out, I raise my leg so I'm able to kick it out, connecting with his groin.