11: amy the not so teenage witch

Finished episode three! the angel scene is one I added and is not in the show btw. enjoy!

______________

"Witchcraft. Blinding your enemy to disorient and disable them is—it's classic!" Giles informs us, leaning on his hands at the end of the library table.

"First vampire and now witches?" I ask, shaking my head in disbelief.

Xander looks at Giles. "No wonder you can still afford a house in Sunnydale."

"Why would anyone want to harm Cordelia?" Giles asks, getting straight to the point on why we even came to the library.

I shrug, leaning back in the chair I'm sitting on next to Buffy. "Maybe it's because they met her? She isn't the most loveable person." Xander gives me a blank look while Willow is nodding her head beside him. "What? You know it's true."

"And setting Amber ablaze?" Giles questions.

"Yeah, those guys don't—"

"They're cheerleaders," I fill in, interrupting Xander. I sit up in my chair, looking at Buffy. "Why would someone be got to get cheerleaders?"

"Well, you were once one Lindsay. How about you share with the class about what you think could be going on," Xander smirks—he sure likes to dish attitude right back at me.

Drumming my fingertips on the tabletop, I bite the inside of my cheek as I think of possibilities. "I mean, it was tryouts—that's when Amber was hurt. Then when the final spots were announced that's when Cordelia was targeted. Someone must be jealous."

Buffy nods. "Someone must love it too much."

"Amy!" Willow chimes in and Buffy reverberates the name.

"It would make sense," I add.

Xander looks at us three girls. "So, you guys are leaning towards Amy?"

"She's desperate to get on that team," I say, folding my hands under my chin.

The blonde slayer agrees, adding, "I've got this feeling she'd do just about anything to make her mom's dream come true."

Giles furrows his eyebrows behind his glasses. "Uh, let me make sure I have this right. This witch is casting horrible and disfiguring spells so that she can become a cheerleader?"

"I think you're underestimating the amount of pressure a parent can lay on you. If you're not a picture perfect carbon copy they tend to wig," Buffy adds.

I nod. "My mom has always been leery of how I act, but now that my dad is back she's getting more uptight about where I am at all times."

"Wait, your dad is back?" Xander asks.

Oops, I guess I haven't told him. "Yeah, he is. Lets not talk about that right now."

Willow purses her lips. She hates when I put off my problems and feelings, but now is not the time to bring up daddy issues. Willow turns to Giles. "Cheerleading was kind of her mom's last hurrah."

"Look, we still have to stop Amy. We should grab her and—"

"I think we should be sure she's the witch before we arouse her suspicions. She's—she's capable of some fairly unpleasant things," Giles interrupts.

"Okay, alright," Buffy gets up from her chair next to me to stand by Giles. "So, you're in high school, you are desperate to make the team and please your mom, so you turn to witchcraft. What's the first thing you're gonna do?"