02: suspicions and a dead body

do not own buffy series or angel {sadly}. only Lindsay and he plot lines.

____________

Leaning back on the bench, I watch people walk around the quad. The cool concrete chills my back as I lean against it. Willow is next to me eating her lunch. The only lunch I brought is a ham sandwich and that is long gone thanks to having gym beforehand.

"You're meeting me at The Bronze tonight right?" I ask, trying to keep my hair out of my face thanks to the wind.

Willow nods. "Of course and maybe Xander will come."

Groaning, I run my hand down my face. "Willow, don't get your hopes up too high for him. Xander is our friend, but he's clueless when it comes to your feelings."

"I don't care if he doesn't pick up on them. I'm content on being friends."

"Okay," I sing as I see the new girl, Buffy, approaching us.

Buffy smiles as she approaches us. "Uh, hi! Willow and Lindsay right?"

Willow turns and looks up at Buffy. "Why? I-I mean, hi! Uh, did you want us to move?" Willow stammers, looking flabbergasted.

Buffy shakes her head. "Why don't we start with, 'Hi, I'm Buffy,' and, uh, then let's segue directly into me asking you for a favor," Buffy says, coming to sit beside me.

"What favor?" I question. With Buffy hanging out with Cordelia I don't really trust her just yet with Willow. "No offense, but you're hanging out with Cordelia now."

"I can't do both?"

"Not legally," Willow murmurs.

Buffy huffs a laugh. "Look, I really wanna get by here--new school—and Cordelia's been really nice—to me—anyway, but, um, I kinda have this burning desire not to flunk all my classes, and I heard a rumor that you were the person to talk to if I wanted to get caught up."

Eyeing Willow, I can see she's dying to hang out with a girl like Buffy—another girl who can possibly up her social status. "Oh, I could totally help you out! Uh, if you have sixth period free we could meet in the library?"

"Or not," Buffy adds quickly, her body language changing. "Or we could meet someplace quieter. Louder. Uh, that place just kinda gives me the wiggins."

"You're not the only one," I add, bringing my knees up to my chest. "I try to avoid it best I can. That old lady always gives me the stick eye."

"I love it, though, it's a great collection, and the new librarian is really cool," Willow steps in.

Turning to her, I raise an eyebrow. "Wait. There's a new one? The old hag is gone?" I ask—a little too excited may I add.

"Yeah, he just started. He was a curator at some British museum, or, or The British Museum, I'm not sure. But he knows everything, and he brought all these historical volumes and biographies, and am I the single dullest person alive?" Willow blushes, her eyes slightly widens.

Buffy chuckles though. "Not at all."

Suddenly, Xander comes up behind me and sits there—me being between his legs. Thankfully Willow knows there's nothing between us or I'd feel horrible. His friend, Jesse from earlier this morning, walks in front of us. He drops his bag and smiles at me.

"Hey," Jesse says, directing it mostly at me. Xander told me before he thinks I'm attractive, but I don't know if I want to date one of Xander friends. I mean, if they're anything like him, then that's a bad thing.