CHAPTER 5 - A Place in the Sun

Chapter 5 - A Place in the Sun

Lovely sand and blue skies, almost like a paradise. It seemed quite calm there too; very relaxing. The ship from Mor Ardain was pulling up to the docks, and shortly after, Mòrag and Brighid stepped onto the docks.

Rex, Nia, and Tora were quick to follow, along with their blades. Iwa exited last, but no slower than the others, and then stood beside Brighid; she would like to think coincidentally, but it simply wasn't.

While Rex went about convincing Nia to forgive Morag for the past, Brighid watched the sea, then spoke to iwa.

"So, isn't it lovely here? Perfect weather for you to go looking for Helena on your own," Brighid said, slight tension in her voice. Iwa rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms.

"I would much prefer to stick with you and Rex. I am certain that I won't get lost, or left behind," she said, as she very well knew that Brighid would more than likely leave her behind on this... or these titans, if she were to go her own way. Brighid smirked just slightly with a little laugh.

Morag approached the two, and included herself into their conversation, when she said, "here here, Brighid, it is not the time to be devious."

"Of course, Lady Morag- I was only suggesting that Iwa look for her driver while we go to Rex's village."

"Well, it would seem that it was discomforting her," Morag sighed, but continued, "I know you two do not particularly see eye to eye... but please, try not to kill each other okay? Once we find Helena, neither of you two will ever have to see each other again, I'm sure."

Both blades nodded in agreement, and they soon followed Rex and his group. Small talk is done, and Nia hops off Dromarch's back to fall just behind enough so she would be with Iwa. Once Iwa and her were side by side, she asked, "so, can I ask something about Helena?"

Iwa looked at Nia, then back to the path they were walking, no longer making eye contact. She had to think about this; Helena had become friends with these drivers and blades, but she herself didn't like them. Would she heed their questions because they're her driver's friends, or not, because she particularly did not like them?

"Go ahead," Iwa finally said, dreading it the moment she said it.

"Well, what's she like," Nia asked, "we hardly know her since we all just met her, so I'd like to know more about her."

Iwa pursed her lips as she thought of what to say about Helena. She admired her driver simply because she was her driver, and she had the honor of raising the girl herself.

"Well, Helena is friendly, and kind, and caring. She doesn't like to hurt others, but often lets others hurt her-"

Nia cut off Iwa when she said,"Yeah yeah yeah, okay," since she simply didn't care for the cliche words that were coming from Iwa's mouth. She decided to ask her true question more bluntly now.

"how about this, can you tell me who she's looking for? This boyfriend person, I mean."

Everyone stopped moving once Nia asked this, except Dromarch, who walked over to Nia, to say to her, "My Lady, that was not a wise thing to ask." He then looked over to Iwa, and apologized on behalf of his driver, before having Nia return to his back, and proceeded to walk.

Everyone had been surprised by Nia's question, except for Iwa, who was holding in all of the anger she had, just so she wouldn't make a scene. She was supposed to be calm, but these children drove her nuts. How could Helena, a twenty-three year old woman, get along with these children, Iwa wondered for the rest of the trip to Rex's village.