Prolouge - Misgivings

PROLOUGE - MISGIVINGS.

It was unfortunate, that this couple so in love, would soon be torn apart by what she would believe was what the Architect wanted. Had she done something wrong in the world? Did she make a poor decision? These were questions that she wondered every single day throughout her pregnancy. Of course, she also wondered if her baby would be okay, maybe more often than those other questions she wondered.

Now, who is she, you might ask?

She is an Ardainian with a rather poor lifestyle for the time being. She had the opportunity to choose wealth and luxury over true love, honestly though, which would you pick, if you had to choose between one or the other? Well, in her head, only true love was the right choice, so that's what she went with.

Her name was Aelita. She had light hair, any darker and it would fall under 'auburn'. Her skin was light, and she wore light clothes to go with. She had green eyes the color of emeralds, and a smile as bright as the sun. She truly was happy, even though she was dying. No one knew this though, except for her husband.

Her husband, who no one knew the name of. He kept to himself often even when engaging in the small discussion of purchasing food, literature, antiques... Only Aelita knew his name, and out of respect, she told no one. Though, no one important was still in her life, but him. Her parents disowning her upon seeing her choose true love over their family name, and his family having passed on.

Though, it was just that, that made Aelita think the Architect was punishing her. Her family disowning her, this deadly illness that her husband couldn't afford to cure, possibly the loss of her baby...

"Please Architect, do not let my baby die," she would pray, hands folded in front of her face, as she sat at the foot of her bed, on the ground. Once again, her husband would be working late, in hopes to even get a few extra gold for them to spend or save up in their savings jar. After the task was done, Aelita figured maybe it would be nice to go on a walk outside. After all, her last living moments should be the ones that she spends doing things she would enjoy; her hobbies, reading, enjoying the... not so fresh air of Mor Ardain. Maybe she would get to see a friend or two, before having the baby or... dying.

She would go on her stroll in the marketplace now, smiling at all of the people there, greeting most of them if not all. They all returned those smiles, but in those smiles, was a hint of sorrow- sorrow that Aelita did not see. Though, by the time she would make it to the halfway point of her walk, the imperial castle's gate, she would feel a sudden cramp- it was tolerable, but not for long. With the illness she was struggling with, her body refused to let her handle more than a few contractions, before passing out. The last thing she heard, was the voice of an Ardainian Soldier asking if she was okay, then telling guards to take her to the hospital- something she wouldn't be able to afford.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

He never got a break; not a chance to go see her during the time of labor. In fact, the only way he even was able to find out, was after an hour of searching for his beloved wife, only to find out from the guards that she was taken to the hospital.

"Shit," he would cuss under his breath, as he then quickly, but half heartedly, thanked the guards. Next stop, the hospital- a place they certainly couldn't afford to be. With a sigh, he said to himself, "why couldn't she just listen, when I said not to leave the house until after that damn baby was born?"

He did not hate Aelita's child, though it wasn't entirely something he had wanted her to have. He wanted her to be happy, yes, but after finding out that she would most likely die from this child, and that the child would probably die as well, he would be damned if he ever attached himself to the thought of having an actual... family. So he kept to himself when the child was mentioned, and often did not acknowledge any discussion of the baby.