Chapter Fifteen~ I will Protect You!

*WHoooosSH!*,  "WWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!", "{EEEIIIAAHHH!}" , Sly and Luna both yelled at the same time.   Sly was plummeting at an alarming rate,  it felt like his heart was going to explode from fright. "Oh Shit!, Oh Shit!, how do you make these damn wings work!!! AAAAaaaaaahHHHH!" 

Sly  desperately flapped his wings, his back starting to ache from the strain, he couldn't focus right, because of the blinding fear in his mind.  Luna felt his overwhelming fear and knew she had to calm him down or they would both die.   His thoughts had turned  into an icy cold shade, You see Luna could telepathically talk to him, she could "sense' his emotions by the colour they where, Sly himself could  feel her emotions as well.   

"{Sly!!, Don't Force Your Self To Fly! Feel The Wind! Calm Your Mind! Focus Like You Did With The Flaming Fist!}"  she shouted, urgently at him, her voice cut through the blind fear clouding Sly's mind. Sly nodded, he took a deep breath and imagined himself becoming light, as light as a bird, he imagined himself soaring through the sky. Suddenly Sly's wings opened themselves up, like a giant parachute unfurling, and Sly felt himself slowing down, he felt his wings starting flap,  it was different....this was not a forced wing-beat, it felt..natural. He felt his fear vanishing,  he flapped his wings and felt himself rise.  His eyes widened, as he realized he was....flying! 

He gave gave a yell of triumph as he soared into the sky, his heart pumping fast not out of fear but of love for the taste of freedom the sky had given him! Luna felt his emotion, and laughed joyfully, with him, she had not felt the wind like this in a  very long time.....  Sly paused in mid flight, he looked down at the Core in his chest. Luna and him shared the same body, in a way she could feel his pains, as well as his joys. Luna was a Goddess, who had transferred herself spiritually into his Core.  Her real body was sealed away,  so that Umbra could not get to her.  

Luna seemed to read his thoughts,  "{Is  it not strange how on we share this bond? We are both prisoners in away, yet free to do as we wish.... I...have not felt the wind for so long....I only wished I could walk the many world's of this Universe once more....}" she whispered longingly.

Sly was silent for a few moments as he flew towards the Spaceport.,  he was thinking deeply, then he spoke, " Perhaps when we leave this dark and evil planet, we can look for your body! I would protect you,....no I will protect you! I swear,  by my dying breathe I will free you" he fearlessly said. 

Luna, gave a small gasp, her hope rising,  "{I-I shall accept your offer, we shall make a deal.  My body and the MoonShard are hidden away on a planet named, Sol...the planet, Sol is trapped in a pocket dimsenion I created....If you manage to get a ship and escape, I shall show you the way! But in return you must protect me at all costs....okay?}"  she said  to him. 

Sly closed his eyes, he could feel her spirit, her thoughts were warm and kind. He would do anything to protect her....he would not lose another person again.  He nodded and flapped his wings harder. His heart, beating, his mind set on  a determined course. He would free her, He would protect her, He now had the strength to do so.

He would crush anyone who would try and stop them.