Esperándote

Vincent and I walked along the most popular road in our town. Small shops and restaurants lined each side of the bustling street. The air smelled of dozens of different types of delicious foods, and I was starving.
"Careful grey, I think you might be drooling." Vincent joked.

"And you're telling me you aren't??"

"I ate earlier remember?"

"So did I but I've still got room in like my left leg..."

Unfortunately, we weren't out on a casual stroll. We were on a job.
Eventually, we arrived at our destination. A bar named kobbys, Known for its unsavory clientele.

"Our client inside?" I asked.

"Yeah, he should be in the back."

And with that, we entered.
Inside sat quite a few people. It was busier than usual. We walked up to the bar and waited for David, the owner of the place. He was behind the counter, as usual, engaged in a heated conversation with a noticeably drunk customer.

"Asshole I'm gonna tell you one last time, you're drunk. GO HOME" He roared, His voice booming throughout the establishment. Some of the other guests turned momentarily, but quickly went back to their business. The drunken man got up from his stool and grabbed David by his shirt.

"You don't...tell me when I've had enough you...bitch..." He slurred.

I smiled and walked over.
David noticed us, his eyes lighting up.

"Aaah!! Perfect timing, Could you guys take care of this trash for me?"

Vincent sighed and glanced my way.

"Care to take this one?" He whispered.

"Ugh...I dealt with the last one remember?" I groaned.

"True, however I did buy your drinks last night" He said smirking.

"Really? I don't recall..." I lied.

Vince gave me his famous "I'm full of it" stare.

"Fine, but after this, we are EVEN." I said walking towards the drunken oaf.

I tapped the man on his shoulder and he whirled around. I could smell the sweat and whiskey on him.

"The fuck do you want?" He yelled.

He was a rather large, maybe in his mid 30's. In his pocket I noticed the clip of a pocket knife sticking out. On his hand, he wore an assortment of rings, one I believe was a wedding ring.

I smiled. "Lemme guess, is this the third?"

"The...what?"

"The third marriage you've ruined! Oh! Or did you find out she was cheating on you? Not surprising considering what a waste you are...Would you like a tissue?"

I had his attention now, guys like this are so easy to provoke. He began stumbling towards me. Screaming curses and talking about beating my face in. The usual. I tuned him out though. I was in the zone. Watching every movement he made as he barreled towards me.

He threw the first punch. A right hook came aimlessly flying towards my face. I ducked effortlessly and took a few steps back. Enraged he charged again, this time trying to tackle me.

"And theres the opening" I thought to myself.

I advanced into his tackle, ducking again and slipping right past him as he stumbled into the table behind me.
Beer spilled as the guests sitting there yelled in frustration, their drinks now watering the wooden floorboards.
Managing to get back on his feet, he screamed in frustration.