{Didn't Write Back}

Start from the beginning

The car ride was dark and quiet, but the good kind of quiet. We finally pulled up to the boys house. I could already see colored lights flashing in the windows. I knew a lot of people were invited and it wasn't just our circle of friends in there.
"Time to get waisted." I said half joking while opening my car door holding my camera in my palm.
"Don't hurt yourself." Natalie laughed stepping out of the car.
We walked up to the front door and opened it. We were instantly hit with the sound of blaring music.
"Hey David." Brandon said passing by the front door.
"Hey." I responded
All of my friends at the party greeted me while dancing and drinking. I started my night off filming stuff for the montage I was gonna edit for my vlog.
It took me a little bit but I got enough footage and I was finally ready to start having fun myself.
Zane walked toward me holding a bottle of Jack Daniel's.
"You want some?"Zane asked slightly tipsy
"Yep."
Zane seemed kind of shocked by my answer but shrugged and handed me the bottle.
I took two huge sips. I scrunched my face at the strong flavor of the whiskey. I handed the bottle back to Zane and wiped my mouth on my sleeve. 
Zane laughed at me and then was on to the next thing.
Brandon walked up to me with a solo cup in his hand.
"Are you okay?" He asked in a serious tone.
"Never better." I sighed
"I think your friend is here." Brandon said
"Yeah, all my friends are here." I laughed
"No no your...I don't wanna say your girlfriend but..." he trailed off
"I don't have a girlfriend." I stated trying to smile knowing who he was talking about.
"Your friend with benefits." Brandon laughed.
"Are you talking about Ava?" I asked with a sigh. Saying her name hurt a little more than I expected.
"Yeah."
"We aren't talking right now." I informed him.
"What happened, if you don't mind me asking." He said
"Well...we don't click. We just...we don't work right now and her and I need space." I struggled to say what was on my mind as I didn't want to reveal too much truth.
"Oh, yeah I get that. She was just asking if you were okay. She seemed...not herself." He explained
"Yeah. I'm not myself either." I said
"I think she wants to talk to you." Brandon suggested
My heart dropped.
"Oh." That's all I could manage to say.
"I really think you guys should talk. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or tell you guys to get back together or anything, I just think you both need closure." He explained
And he was right. But I was so afraid of upsetting her more than I already have. I didn't know what to do.
"I-I don't...where is she?" I didn't know what to say because I was so flustered.
"She's in the kitchen talking to Heath." Brandon said.
"Okay, I-I'll talk to her I guess." I stuttered nervously.
My palms began to sweat. I walked toward the kitchen. I got a glance of her and my heart throbbed. I didn't want to do this. Sometimes I wish I had never met her, even though she's the best thing that has ever happened to me.
I took a deep breath and walked in her direction. Her back was facing me. Heath was facing me head on.
"Oh hey David." He greeted me, breaking his conversation with Ava.
I flashed a smile and a wave.
Ava turned to me with slightly teary eyes.
"We need to talk." I stated picking up a bottle of rum and reading the label, trying to avoid eye contact with her. 
"Okay." She responded softly
"Let's go outside." I said
She agreed.
Her and I walked out to the front porch. I had a million thoughts on my mind. We both faced forward into the darkness of the yard, not making eye contact.
"Why'd you leave?" She asked, breaking the short silence.
I twisted the cap of the rum and took a few swigs.
"I-I'm not ready for a relationship. And I know I asked you out but I can't. I need space and I need to work on myself. But I am in love with you. I do want to be with you in the end. But right now, after these months and months of fucking around, I need to fix myself so I can be ready for a relationship." I explained taking another swallow of the rum.
"Why didn't you just tell me that?" She asked taking the bottle out of my hand and taking a sip.
She handed the bottle back to me.
"I didn't wanna hurt you, I figured leaving might help you move on. I'm an asshole. You deserve someone better. Get over me." I took yet another drink of the rum.
She chuckled
"If only it were that easy Dobrik" She snickered.
"If what were that easy?" I asked
"Getting over you, yeah maybe if you straight up left it might make me hate you a little more, but getting over you is nearly impossible for me." She explained
"I thought if you moved on it would help me get over you. That's why I tried to get you to hate me." I said cringing at how dumb of an idea that was.
"I love you, I could never really hate you." She said punching my arm lightly.
I still couldn't look her in the eyes. I just kept staring into oblivion.
A took a few more chugs from the rum bottle.
"You better be careful, tomorrow I'm not gonna be there to rub your back when you're hungover." She said seriously.
I looked at the rum bottle in my hand and threw it into the yard. The bottle hit something and shattered. I winced at the loud sound.
"After this I don't think we should talk for a while." I said, starting to get a little tipsy
"Okay, but don't come knocking at my door when you're not sober. I hope we can be friends after all this bullshit." She said
"Me too, me fucking too." I said putting my arm around her and pulling her so her head was on my shoulder.
She hugged me tightly. We stood there, in each others arms for a moment. She broke our hug and went back inside.
This would be the last time we shared a hug for a long time. Or maybe the last time ever.
☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️
A/N
If you leave me comments with feedback, I might post early. Votes and comments are appreciated. Love you all byyyyyeeeee💗👋🏼.