{Awake}

I fought
my eyes to stay awake
no dream was prettier
than the way she slept.

We all sat in a circle around the coffee table to play truth or dare. I stopped cuddling David and sat up taking the ice off my ankle and putting my foot on the floor.
"Okay if you don't say the truth or don't do the dare, you have to drink. Who wants to go first?" Dom asked.
"I'll go first." I volunteered
"Okay Ava truth or dare?" Dom asked
"Dare." I said confidently
"What's a good dare for Ava?" Dom said not knowing what to make me do.
"I know a good one! If her and David aren't hooking up then kiss Alex." Scotty said.
I was surprised. I didn't know what to do. I looked at David as if he knew what to do. Alex looked just as shocked as I did.
I reached for the bottle of vodka. Suddenly David grabbed my wrist.
"Just kiss him so they don't think we're messing around." David said.
But it felt wrong. It felt like I was betraying David. I didn't want to. I turned to Alex. He cupped my cheek with his hand and he kissed me. Our friends cheered and laughed. The kiss felt like it lasted a century. It feels so weird kissing someone other than David. I pulled away. Alex grabbed my waist and pulled my into to him so we were cuddling. I looked at David. I could tell he was upset, but not with me. With Alex. I'm pretty sure Alex knew what was going on between me and David and the fact that he was all over me pissed David off.
"Well I guess her and David were telling the truth, David would never let that slide." Corinna said.
Alex laughed and kissed my head as if I was his own. I faked a smile and hid my disgust. But David saw right through me. He knew was uncomfortable. But he was also aware that Alex knew what he was doing. Alex knew about David and I. Alex was fucking with David and he was pissed. But the difficult part was, we couldn't stop it. Then we would never hear the end of it.
"Okay who's next?" David asked flashing a fake smile.
"David truth or dare?" Todd chimed in.
"Truth." David replied bleakly.
"Have you and Ava ever been romantic?" Kristen asked giggling.
David picked up the bottle of vodka and took a swig. He crinkled his nose at the strong taste.
"So you have!" Dom accused loudly.
Davids was fuming. He set the bottle of vodka down harshly.
"You know what? Yeah we fucking have. And so what? I'm a fuck up who's stressed all the time because of his fucking job and I was fucked over by a girl that I loved, and the moment I try and have a relationship with someone else I fuck up and get hammered and kiss other people so just give me a fucking break! Please." David ranted out of anger and frustration.
"It's just game dude calm down." Alex said with me still in his arms.
"So if you and Ava were romantic, how do you feel about Alex all up on her? Corinna asked.
"Well we aren't dating so I couldn't care less." David said with a heavy breath out.
"Okay good." Alex said pulling my face to his, making out with me.
I was in shock so I barley kissed back. Everyone gasped and cheered at us. I pulled away swiftly. Alex smiled and grabbed my thigh and pulled me closer to him.
"I think I'm done playing." I said trying to scoot away from Alex.
"Yeah me too." David said getting up and going to the kitchen.
I got up and followed him still limping, while everyone else continued playing.
I sat on the counter and David faced me. He looked mad. He rested his hands on the counter I was sitting on.
"I'm sorry that that happened." I said
"It wasn't you're fault, I told you to do it and then they just put pressure on me. You're not the one to blame." He said
"Then who is?" I asked
"Fucking Alex. He's my best friend so I told him about us and he was clinging on to you so hard. It pissed me off." He admitted
I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"What?" He smiled
"You are jealous." I giggled
"Of course I am. You're amazing and any guy would be lucky to have you." He said
I hugged him tightly.
"Woah what's going on in here?" Dom asked getting a coke out of the fridge to use as a chaser.
"Friendly stuff." I joked
"Hey I'm not gonna say a word." Dom said heading back to the living room.
I laughed.
"You know what would be so funny?" David asked smiling at me.
"What?" I asked
"If Todd found out you and I hooked up in his room." He said
"That would be funny." I said giggling
David picked me up off the counter and quietly carried me to Todds room.
He shut the door behind us and locked it.
He laid me down on the bed and got on top of me.
We started making out. My heart fluttered with fire works. I trailed kisses down his neck. When I reach is collar bone I sucked his skin until it was purple. I gave him hickeys all the way up his neck. Our lips met again. His tongue slipped into my mouth. He took my lower lip between his teeth and bit it softly. I yelped a little bit.
"Sorry did I hurt you?" He asked
"No your fine." I laughed
He continued kissing me. He kissed my neck and nipped it leaving hickeys on me as well.
I felt nothing but euphoria.
☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️
A/N
Sorry this chapter took longer to write then I thought. Votes and comments are appreciated. Love you all byyyeeeee 👋🏼💗