Results

An hour after the blood test was taken the results came back.

 "Mr. and Mrs. Williams," Dr.Scott began. "Take those gloves off." He smiled. 

Lisa quickly threw off the gloves and grabbed her son's hand. 

"Now, he still does have a high fever of 104, but the rabies is gone. You may be able to kiss him without fear of catching the disease."

 Lisa did just that. She happily kissed his hand and his head. The teenager let out an annoyed groan. 

"Uhhhhh, m...aaaaa. 'Ucky." He said. Lisa gasped and pulled his beanie down over his eyes. 

"Yucky?!" Theo giggled at his mom.

Theo's parents smiled as he pushed the beanie back up.

 "W-a-at'r" Theo stuttered and pointed to his mom's water bottle.

 "Sure baby" Lisa responded and grabbed her water bottle and lifted Theo's head with one hand and held the water bottle to his lips with the other. Her son sipped the water quickly. 

"Hey, hey, slow down, bud." Theo's father said and rubbed his head. Lisa pulled the water bottle away and gently set her son's head back down. The boy went to itch his nose but felt the feeding tube. He looked up at the doctor. 

"Out." He said, 

"We will, bud, don't worry." Dr. Scott reassured.

"I'll send some chicken broth up here so we can start to reintroduce him to foods slowly." Theo's parents nodded as the doctor got a nurse. 

"Alright bud," the nurse said, "let's get this out." However, Theo wasn't going to like the removal of the feeding tube.