Growls and Sobs

Theo was rushed inside of the hospital, growling, screaming and sobbing. He struggled against the restraints as he was lifted onto a bed. Sweat poured off his head as he continued to struggle. 

"MAMA!" He screamed as he desperately tried to reach out to his mother. Lisa tried her best to hold back her sobs as her son cried for her. 

"Matt," she cried on the phone, "please come quickly." Lisa had to be escorted to the waiting room where she was comforted by a nurse.

The doctor placed his hand on Theo's forehead to get his attention. Theo growled and glared him. 

"I know bud," the doctor began, "but, Theo, you're sick, and it's messing with your brain. We're gonna do everything we can to help you okay?" 

Theo gradually calmed down as he whimpered and nodded. 

"We're gonna give you some medicine that's going to make you sleepy okay?" The doctor told him. 

Theo nodded, and he felt a prick. The medicine took immediate effect, and Theo's eyes got heavy. He focused on the doctor's name tag: Doctor Scott. The last thing Theo noticed before darkness took him was a nurse placing a damp rag on his forehead.

Dr. Scott let out a sigh. "Now, we've never had a rabies patient before," 

he said to his colleagues, "but, we need to do our best to make sure that he doesn't die on us. He's still a kid. He has his whole life ahead of him. He's in a fragile state, and we must help him. Understood?" Dr.Scott's colleagues nodded. 

"Good," the man stated, "now, get protective gear on. While helping Theo, we need to make sure that we don't catch rabies as well."

Once nurses were in their protective gear, they undressed the sleeping boy out of his clothes and into some hospital clothes. A feeding tube was placed into Theo's nose. Once they got the sick teen all set up, they wheeled him into a room that was far away from any other patients. Now they would wait for him to wake up and see what happens.