⌜ fifty two ⌟

Start from the beginning

slowpoke!❞ mark laughed, watching donghyuck slowly getting tired from all the running.

the younger groaned, ❝wait till i get my hands on you—

mark paused from his place as he saw his lover stumbling on a rock. he quickly ran towards the younger who was flying and was ready to fall any time. luckily mark caught donghyuck but the both of them still fell down on the ground, scaring the butterflies away.

mark rubbed his head as he sat up, ❝are you okay?❞ he opened his eyes and saw donghyuck smiling like crazy.

caught you.❞ donghyuck leaned forward and stole a kiss from mark.

realizing what just happened, ❝that's unfair!❞ mark whined.

donghyuck leaped forward and threw his arms around mark's neck. the two went back to lying down and mark was confused into why donghyuck was getting clingier than the usual.

he opened his mouth to say something but donghyuck beat him to it, ❝let's stay like this for a while.

mark then decided to stay quiet. the only thing that wasn't quiet was his heart beating fast and loud. he raised his hand and let it rest on donghyuck's waist, closing his eyes as he felt the boy's breath on his neck.

how long was i resting?

not that long, why?

donghyuck released himself from the hug and sat down, followed by mark, ❝i had a dream.

hm?

we were at an old building. jeno was also there, along with jungwoo.❞ donghyuck stopped for a while and turned to look at mark's reaction, which he was just looking down while caressing his small hands. ❝and then.. this man shot you.

i was shot?❞ mark slowly raised his head and stared at donghyuck.

donghyuck nodded, ❝i was scared because i was pregnant and you were dying.

mark smiled and pulled donghyuck towards him, turning him around and now his back was facing him. he let donghyuck's back rest on his chest while his right hand went to the younger's stomach, caressing it. ❝our baby?

donghyuck closed his eyes, cherishing mark's presence ❝our baby.

they looked up in the sky and then went back to staring at the wide flowery field they were at. it went silent for a short moment before mark broke it.

take care of our baby.

donghyuck hummed, raising a brow ❝we are going to take care of our baby—

baby please don't be a headache to your papa.❞ mark said, caressing donghyuck's stomach.

what—

it is not easy to take care of a child alone so be a good baby, okay?

donghyuck froze upon realizing what this is all about, why he was at a flowery field instead of the hospital, why mark was with him laughing and all as if he is alive, why he is all so happy, why this felt so surreal even from the start.

mark..

daddy is just watching you guys from above.❞ mark continued on talking and caressing donghyuck's stomach.

donghyuck bit his lower lips, ❝hey—

baby, i love you and your papa. i love you both.. so much.

donghyuck turned around and mark was no where to be seen anymore.

mark was gone.

"donghyuck!" a woman's voice echoed around donghyuck's head.

the boy clutched his head, looking down as he was crying nonstop. tears were falling and were not planning to stop. he isn't even holding them back, he just let them fall.

donghyuck, wake up.

he opened his two eyes and saw a white ceiling and a familiar woman looking down at him.

thank god you're awake—

mark..❞ donghyuck sat uo from the hospital bed, ❝where's mark!?

this is a dream. maybe minutes from now he'll wake up and is going to wake up in mark's hold. he'll be awake seeing mark just sleeping beside him, together with him, together with him and their baby.

he was just here.❞ donghyuck stood up, leaving the bed ❝he was with me.

tears fell down, crying hard like how he cried in his dream. his dream of being with mark at a flowery field, laughing and playing with him. a wonderful dream of them being happy together.

we were together!❞ donghyuck screamed

the woman sighed, ❝donghyuck get back here and—

no, i'm going to find mark.❞ he cried, running towards the door.

everyone inside the room stood up and was about to get donghyuck back but luckily the boy bumped someone's chest as he opened the door. taeyong sat back and mark's father held his wife's shoulders, comforting her.

move, i'm going to find mark.❞ donghyuck wanted to push the person he bumped away but couldn't as the person hugged him, making him cry even harder ❝i'm going to find him..

he's gone.

i'm going to find—

donghyuck, mark is gone.❞ jeno said, hugging donghyuck tight.

the mother inside the room cried, still couldn't believe that her son is gone, that her is dead. mark wasn't like any other kids. they are rich but mark looked like they only have enough for everything. mark wasn't a spoiled brat, not like the other kids that comes from rich families. she— they loved mark. the father wanted to cry but who would comfort his crying wife if he would also be and crying. he needed to be strong for his wife.

taeyong silently sat there, thinking about the last conversation he had with mark. what he would be doing together with mark if that boy was still alive.

jeno..❞ donghyuck sobbed, wrapping his arms around jeno's waist, ❝tell me we are going to find mark.

hyuck..

tell me he's going to be right beside me and our baby.

jeno stayed silent, thinking for a while, before finally saying something. ❝i'm sorry.

just by that response, donghyuck cried and was sobbing that he couldn't form a sentence. he didn't say anything and cried. crying because of the fact that mark is gone and is now at a place where no one can hurt him anymore.

crying because mark is gone.

jeno raised his hand and patted donghyuck's head, ❝cry, let it all out.

and donghyuck did cry, not caring if he's the reason why jeno's sweater was soaking wet because of his tears.

it's alright, i'm here for you.

t b c