Chapter Eighteen

Hi guys! Welcome back! c:

The bad news is that I will be missing either Wednesday's update or Saturday's update this week. I don't know which it will be yet, but I'm just going to let you know now so I don't disappoint. ^^

Anywho, here's the next chapter. I had a lot of fun writing this one ;)

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter and Instagram, and to vote and comment for more. Enjoy!

ELISE’S POV

Chilly fall air greeted me as I left the school; I pulled my hoodie tighter around me, shivering slightly. I walked slowly, scanning the crowds carefully. I didn’t see him.

So I began to head on the route he took to get home, knowing that he went the same way every day. I half jogged, half walked, trying to catch up to him before he reached his house. Soon enough, I spotted him ahead of me.

“Sean!” I yelled, attempting to get him to stop and speeding up myself. “Sean, wait!”

Fortunately, he heard me and turned, shock registering on his face. He waited patiently for me to catch up before speaking.

“What are you doing here, Elise?” he asked, forceful but not unfriendly.

I pulled his phone out of my pocket and handed it to him. “I believe this is yours.”

The effect this had on him was instantaneous. His mouth dropped open and he hurriedly took it from me, staring at it as if it was going to bite him. Then he raised his gaze back to mine. “What…?”

“I could ask you the same question.” I crossed my arms. “Look, I found Veronica with it in Theatre and I got it back. Now could you tell me why she had it in the first place?”

He ran his hands through his hair, like he always did when he was nervous, and sighed. He unlocked the phone and opened the Photos app, then proceeded to hand it back to me. “Because of this.”

I lowered my eyes to the screen. It was a video; I pressed the play button and watched the scene unfold. Anger seared through my veins at Veronica’s pure evil, and the fact that she spoke so proudly and publically about it. When it was finished, I returned my focus to Sean, who was shifting from side to side.

“She must’ve found out I took the video, because the next thing I knew, she ‘accidentally’ ran into me and stole my phone,” he explained wearily. “I… I’m so sorry, Elise. I was stupid, and I let the others persuade me when my heart was telling me otherwise. I know the truth now, and I’ve never missed you more than I do now. Can you forgive me?” He gave me those puppy dog eyes that got me every time, and I knew I couldn’t stay mad at him; especially not when this was what I’d wanted ever since I’d been accused.

I offered him a soft smile. “Of course.” And it was completely worth it to see that smile of his return, the one I’d always adored, even through a computer screen on YouTube. He pulled me into a kiss, and I relished every second, the cool air no longer affecting me. All that mattered was Sean’s arms around me and his lips on mine.

After a moment he broke away, and we just stared into each other’s eyes for a moment before I pulled back and slipped his phone into his palm again. 

“Do me a favor,” I whispered.

He nodded, still staring at me.

I took his hands in mine and set my head on his shoulder. “Show the others?”

He pecked the top of my head. “That’s what I was planning all along.”

We sat like that for a while before Sean gently pushed me back. “Would you like me to walk you home?”

I smiled again. “I’d like that.”

This chapter was a nice break from all the depressing and infuriating ones I've given you guys lately. Hopefully this one was a bit happier. :D

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

When does school start back up for you? I start my Freshman year on August 25th ^^

Vote and comment for more! Until next time, whenever that may be! ;)

~Cherry