Chapter 19

« Beyoncé »

"So you and my sister just gone have connections and not tell me?" Shawn smiled.

Shay and I laughed.

"Well, it was supposed to be a surprise. She wanted to meet Quincy and know the gender so we can find out this weekend." I told him.

"Oh, well seems like y'all have it under control." He said.

The nurse had came back in just as I was finished wiping my stomach off. "Okay, here's the gender in here." She said handing it to Shay. "And here are the sonogram pictures for the both of you."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem!" She said.

Shay followed behind Shawn and I, hand in hand. We approached the door to see it was pouring down outside.

"Stay right here! I'mma run and pull the car up." He said.

"Okay!" He grabbed Shay's keys to pull hers up first. Then he went to get his. "Shay, you gone follow us to Bey's mother's house?"

"Yeah!" She nodded.

Shawn drove to my Mom's house where Q and Julez were outside playing soccer. Mama came out the house with a huge grin on her face.

"Did we get a gender?" She asked.

"You'll find out at the party Mom." I told her.

"Fine!"

I motioned for Quincy to come over. "Mom, this is Shawn's sister, Shay. Shay, this is my mother, Tina."

"Nice to meet you." Shay smiled, shaking her head.

"Same to you!" Mama said.

"Hey son! Meet your Auntie Shay. This is your Dad's sister." I told him.

"Nice to finally meet you." She said hugging him.

"Nice to meet you too." Q said.

Q ran back off with Julez, "He really looks just like Shawn."

"And acts like him too." I added.

"Y'all come inside. Take a seat." Mama said.

Just as soon as I sat down, Shawn began rubbing my belly. We started having small talk with both Mama and Shay. It's been great to catch up with her. Shay is a little bit younger than Shawn. She grew up to do big things before I left and it's amazing to see how much she's grown ever since.

"So the reveal party is going to be this weekend?" Mama asked.

"Yeah! It's gonna be at my house." Shawn told her.

I just thought about everything that happened yesterday and how I don't need Rodney to find out where either of us live. I really don't need him finding out where the party is going to be located either. If I tell Shawn I want to change it, he's going to get curious and start asking question.

This is already stressing me out.

"Beyoncé, you working the rest of the week?" Mama asked.

"Yeah!" I nodded.

"You need me to get Quincy?"

"Tomorrow more and likely, but I'll be there in time for the rest of the days." I told her. "I'll call and let you know though."

"Okay!"

« Shawn »

I laid on the sofa with my chin on Beyoncé's growing belly. I was really enjoying the moment cause Bey's really been at work a lot lately. I don't get to touch her as much anymore.