Chapter 16

« Beyoncé »

I laid in the living room finishing up my last assignment for my studies. My girls and Solange were over because we were planning yet another trip in the next couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm so happy to be done with everything. Now I can work at the hospital full time doing what I love.

The front door opened, it was Q and Shawn.

"Hey Mom." He said sitting by me.

"Hey son! How are you?" I asked.

"Good!" He said digging in his Chipotle bag, pulling out his sandwich wrap. "Hey Aunties."

"Heyyyy!" They smiled.

Shawn sat beside me, kissing my forehead.

"Hey baby!" He said.

"Hello Shawn!" I said never taking my eyes off the laptop.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing!" I mumbled. "Go home!"

He didn't move a muscle.

It's been a two weeks since the whole incident happened and I'm still on edge with him. I love him, but these past couple weeks, I have not wanted to be bothered. I just wanted to finish my studies so I can get out this house and go to work.

"Did you schedule an appointment yet?" He asked.

I sighed deeply, "I did." I mumbled.

"When is it?" He asked.

"Tomorrow." I said.

He nodded slowly, "Were you gonna tell me?" He asked.

"I was going to tell you Shawn! Can you please leave my house? I don't wanna be bothered with this right now." I said.

"Beyoncé, you don't never wanna be fucking bothered, but you stay having your girls over here. Just say you don't want me to come over and I won't. Goddamn!"

"I've been saying leave my house since you sat down. Why are you still here?" I asked.

He smacked his lips, shaking his head. I heard him sigh, standing up.

"I apologized, baby. What else do you want? Talk to me!" He said. "We been doing this shit for two weeks. I don't know what to do. What is it?"

"I don't want a baby right now, Shawn!" I told him, while standing up. "That is why! I wanted to settle down and get married before I had another child. I do not want a baby right now. I'm sorry."

He chuckled, "You didn't wanna a baby right now, but you wasn't saying shit about me not wearing a condom all them times. I wasn't trying to get you pregnant, but you know the contraceptives of preventing pregnancy as female. It's not just my fault."

"I know that and I'm not blaming you. We slipped up, but like I said, that's why I'm upset. Please get out my house. The appointment is 10 AM at the maternity clinic."

He stormed out slamming the door behind him.

« The Next Morning »

"Ma, Dad's outside." Q said sticking his head in the door.

"Tell him to come inside!" I told him.

I grabbed my coat along with purse and phone. I've contemplated about what's going to happen today just thinking about how I might've been a little harsh at Shawn yesterday. I've just really been stressing this baby thing and my job, it's just been a hell of a lot to take in these past couple of weeks.