"Me too!" Luca laughed. "I can't wait!" Ash smiled. He couldn't help but get pumped up for his eminent battle too, and was raring to go. His Pokémon are in top condition, and he hasn't lost a single battle since the Kalos League 7 years ago. Ash glanced at Lucario and Pikachu who were walking together, discussing something he couldn't understand.

"We're here!" Bonnie exclaimed. "I'm so excited!"

"Alright Bonnie." Clemont laughed. "Calm down."

"Shut up Clemont." Bonnie tossed back, smirking. "Just because you can't beat any gyms doesn't mean you have to be salty." Clemont reddened with annoyance.

"Beat any gyms? I was a Gym Leader!" He exclaimed indignantly. "More often than not challengers couldn't beat me."

"But Ash did." Korrina teased, pecking her husband's cheek.

"Ash doesn't count." Clemont muttered. This caused Serena, Gary, Naomi, Luca, and Bonnie to erupt with laughter while ash acted offended.

"I don't count! That's absurd!" Ash exclaimed, playing along. "I count for like two!" This caused the group to laugh harder as they pushed open the door to the gym.

"Maylene?" Bonnie yelled. "My friend and I would like to challenge you!"

"Friend?" Ash whispered to Serena, making her giggle. It was ridiculous. They've kissed a couple times and they're always together or texting. They passed friends a long time ago, and she really wants them to just make it official already.

"I'll accept your challenges!" Maylene exclaimed, coming towards them. "Consider it my honor!" Ash smirked.

"Hey Maylene." He said with a smile. Maylene looked past Bonnie and Luca, her eyes landing on Ash.

"Ash! Hi!" Maylene ran over and gave him a hug. "How are you? It's been years!"

"It has, huh?" Ash said with a smile.

"You have a Lucario now?" Maylene asked, noticing Ash's Lucario standing behind him.

"Yeah, a friend of mine gave me the egg, and she hatched out. I've had her for a little over a year now."

"It's female?" Maylene asked. Ash nodded. "Wow, that's rare." Maylene said with a smile. She walked over to Lucario and stooped, looking into her eyes. "She's fierce." Ash nodded, and Maylene smiled as she stood up and turned back to Ash.

"How are Buizel, Chimchar, and Staravia?" Maylene asked with another smile.

"They are Floatzel, Infernape, and Staraptor now and they're great." Ash replied. "I'm not traveling with them right now, but I have Pikachu still." He scratched Pikachu who was sitting on his shoulder.

"I saw that. Hi Pikachu" Maylene said.

"Pika pi!" Pikachu waved at Maylene.

"Well, lets get this battle started then! Who wants to go first?"

"I will." Bonnie said with a smile, stepping forward.

"Alright then! Ash, if you and your friends could go to the stands, we'll get this show on the road." Ash nodded and followed his friends to the stands.

"How are you such great friends with Maylene?" Serena asked curiously.

"Well as you know I battled the Sinnoh League the first time about 8 years ago. Maylene and I tied, but she said I fought hard enough that she was comfortable giving me the badge anyways because of how hard my Pokémon and I battled."

"Wow that was really cool of her." Ash nodded. Lucario nudged Serena.

"Yes Lucario?"

I want a Pokepuff please. Lucario asked. Serena and Ash laughed, and Serena reached in to her bag to hand the treat over. Lucario took it and smiled, biting into it.