Chapter Six

"Reports of strange disappearances have continued to pop up at various police stations around the Sinnoh Region. Authorities are looking into this matter, but they haven't found anything significant just yet."

~~~~~

"Today is the preliminaries!" Ash exclaimed, excited. "I can't wait to battle these trainers and get into the Champion's League!"

"I'm just as stoked!" Gary exclaimed, fist pumping. "I wonder what the trainers are like! The advertisement made them sound extremely strong."

"I hope they are. It'll be an exciting battle then." Ash said between bite of croissant.

"According to the guidebook, the Veilstone trainer is waiting at the newly constructed Battle Hall 5." Clemont informed the group. "Wow, this is very interesting. The benefactors of this tournament had new facilities constructed in all of the cities. They must have a lot of money to burn."

"Yeah they must." Gary said. "Can they share some of that with me?" The whole group laughed at this remark.

About 2 hours later, the gang was arriving at the front of Battle Hall 5. The building was grey and modern, with huge, soaring windows and a pine door.

"Wow this place is sweet." Ash said with a smile. The gang pulled the doors open to white marble floors and a large room. There were stone pillars arranged around the room, with a dark figure in a chair at the end. The stone pillars had detailed, snow-capped mountains etched into them, reminding Ash of Snowpoint City.

"Welcome to the Battle Hall 5. Who is challenging me?" A deep, gravely voice asked.

"Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town and Gary Oak of Pallet Town."

"Very well. Have you both competed in the Sinnoh League?"

"Yes." Ash replied.

"I did a few years ago." Gary said as well.

"Very good." The shadowed figure stood up and walked down the steps into the light. He was a large, muscular man with some sort of design embroidered on the front of his orange shirt. His eyes were black, and his hair was blonde. He looked strong.

"My name is Bane, and I'm Battle Hall 5's Battle Master. Prepare to fight." He pulled a pokeball off his belt, and Ash took his place. Gary would fight next.

"The battle between Ash of Pallet Town and Battle Master Bane will begin shortly! This is a three on three battle, and the battle will be over when either sides Pokémon are unable to continue! Remember that if the challenger loses today, they are disqualified from competing in the tournament!" Gary's eyes widened. He didn't know that at all. Naomi grabbed his hand in support.

"What?" Ash muttered. That was news to him. He just better not lose then.

"Trainers, bring out your first Pokémon!"

"Vulpix, lets go!" Ash releases Vulpix, who appeared out of her ball with a defiant shout.

"Acideon I choose you!" A dark purple figure appeared, with a cloud of black gas forming a mane around its neck. It's tail was long and waved about like a snake, with a dangerous point at the end. It's eyes were dark green with blood red rings around the pupils, and it had wickedly sharp teeth that were pulled up into a nasty growl. Surrounding the evolution was another lighter purple collection of smoke, and Ash could see figures forming and disappearing fluidly. Wicked, twisted figures.

"What the hell!" Gary exclaimed. "There's another evolution?!" Gary glanced at Clemont, who shrugged.

"A new evolution of Eevee? That's awesome." Ash exclaimed. But he was put off by the weird purple smoke and those figures. Vulpix glanced back at him, worried. "You're going to do amazing." Ash smiled at the small ice fox to reassure her.