Never One Without the Other

Start from the beginning

"Do you remember when we first met?" I asked pulling the blanket over us, it was getting colder and colder – I hoped I got used to the cold so I wasn't always an ice cube. I had told Pa that I hadn't wanted to move the horse until Spring and I'm really glad because I don't want to be going out there to take care of the horse my first winter. I still wasn't a fan of winter driving, I was glad I had a jeep that's for sure. Pa had taught me how to work the generator and what I needed to know about driving in the snow, about how to take care of the house in the cold or when the power goes out... I don't know what I'd do without that information, hell I didn't even bring a jacket heavy enough for the winter.

"I remember I was sent to town, not even knowing I was supposed to be pickin yall up." She said burying her face into my chest, she was getting tired.

"I remember when I saw you, I thought you were the hottest woman I had ever seen. The way you drove that big truck and pulled into that place... I said something and Johnny was like "dude, that's my sister."

"Oh no!" She laughed.

"yeah, so I never stood a chance." I said with a smile. "Do you think you'll go on tour with me in the spring?"

"How long is a tour?" She asked in a yawn.

"This tour is about three months long." I said turning off the TV. "Let's go to bed, we'll talk about it later it's not important now."

"Where do you go on tour?" She asked.

"We don't have all the info just yet, I do know they said about going to Canada for a show or two. Maybe go to England." I shrugged. "We'll find out closer to when the tour is." 1

She went to the bathroom and I got into bed, I heard the shower start and about 15 minutes later all I heard was panic. Which is normal, she's been having attacks but she's been getting through them. I don't have to be there when she showers anymore, but sometimes she does call me in so she can get out.

"ZACK!"

"I'm right here." I said walking into the bathroom. "You okay?"

"NO!" She shrieked.

"I'm right here." I said standing in front of the glass door. I could see the outline of her body but she was practically up against the glass. Was she dancing? Or writhing?

"There's a huge SPIDER!" She screamed flinging the door open, practically falling out. I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her, helping her to her feet. I couldn't contain my laughter as I got her onto her feet and she scrambled to get behind me, as if the spider was going to attack her. I got a paper towel and took care of the spider before walking into the bedroom where she was, she was sitting on the bed in a towel and still soaking wet.