Try Not to Lose You

16. Bailey

Try Not To Lose You

I woke up wrapped in a blanket on the couch in the loft above the barn, it was quiet around me which threw me off, then I heard some shouting off in the distance. I hobbled to the open barn door that we usually used to throw hay in up top and saw everyone loading up a black suburban.

"Stop just throwing things in, you have to organize!" Brian yelled at Johnny, swatting his head. I could see Ma and Pa on the porch, sharing the swing.

"Hey." A voice came from behind me, it was Zack who was shirtless. I wasn't that drunk last night was I? The last thing I remembered was being in the field.

"I came to say goodbye." He said pulling on a shirt. "And to shower."

Within two steps his body was around mine, nothing sexual he was just holding me. His head resting on mine that found its place on his chest. It went quiet and I got afraid that someone had seen us so I pulled away and looked back up at the house.

"You're afraid they'll see us." He said snappily. "You know.. nevermind."

"Zack... wait." I said reaching for his hand. "I..."

"Goodbye, Bailey."

"It's not goodbye, goodbye means forever." I said quietly. "It's see you later."

"Goodbye."

He jogged up to where they had finished packing, Matt had Johnny in a headlock and was messing up his mohawk. I stayed behind, I didn't want to see them off. I went back to sit on the couch until I heard all the commotion stop, eventually Ma or Pa will come see what I'm doing but until then I was just gonna sit here and sulk.

I deserve to.

I had laid myself out for him, let him behind my wall... for this. To fuck it up.

Oh well, atleast it wasn't that serious.

Right?

The first week I stayed in the loft.

Ma yelled at me the beginning of the second week so I came to the house, ate breakfast then went to my room.

I found the hoodie he had given me to wear, spent the next two weeks in my room.