I'm Madison

Niall and I had spent the entire day yesterday catching up and talking about the next steps he was going to have to take with his sister. When we were finished he dropped me back off at the Gamma house and kissed me goodnight. It felt good to finally be able to do that without thinking if he wanted it as much as I did, but the entire day in the city he couldn't keep his hands off me. Holding my hand, wrapping his arm around me, holding my waist, kissing my forehead, playing with my fingers whenever out hands were touching. As much as I was enjoying it all I still couldn't help look over my shoulder at every touch, and I had Gamma to thank for that. Don't get me wrong the sorority was amazing and gave me a lot of opportunities in the future, but of course, with my luck, I choose the one with rules against dating and had gotten involved with a guy in the fraternity the rule was put in place for. I don't want to go behind anyone's back and most certainly don't want to risk getting Niall in trouble let alone myself, but I was enjoying the attention and I think he was too. 

I tossed and turned all night long huffing as I did so...until I gave up and grabbed my phone off the charger to text Niall. 

Are you up? -M

yes love. is everything ok? -N

I can't sleep that's all. -M

Me neither...wanna go for a walk? -N

What about curfew? Don't they have security who patrol the grounds? -M

They let you go if you say you're coming back from studying in the library...I've done it a few times in the past. -N

let me get dressed then. -M

meet you in 10 -N

I quietly slid out of bed threw on an oversized hoodie over my bralette, pulled on some athletic shorts, and slid on some shoes before slipping out of the room. I quietly walked out of the house and found Niall sitting on the porch steps waiting for me. I bend down behind him and kissed his cheek softly feeling his cheeks move as he smiled. 

"That was nice of you." he quietly states reaching his arm back to slip his fingers into my hair gently. I hum in agreement and sit down next to him stuffing my hands into the pocket of my hoodie. 

"Why couldn't you sleep?" I ask looking over to him; his fingers are in his hair making it look messy but cute. 

"My mind was just running wild." he doesn't make eye contact with me but continues to play with his hair. 

"How so?" I bite the inside of my cheek out of habit...nervous tick really. 

He pushes up to his feet and turns to me holding out his hands for me to grab, "come on let's go for that walk and I'll tell you." 

I take his hands in mine and pull myself up from the ground before mumbling an "ok" to him. We walk in silence down the street past more frat and sorority houses before crossing the street to get to the quad. Niall stuffs his hands in the pockets of his black joggers and sighs before speaking, "so I have to ask..." he looks at me and smiles a smile of...pity?

"ask what?" I say while breaking eye contact; kicking a rock in front of me.

"What were you really doing at the house with Harry?" there it was...the question I had been avoiding and thanks to Harry had gotten away with having to explain earlier.

"I went there originally asking about you...that's when I called you, but when we got off the phone Harry had come back into the room with snacks and asking if I wouldn't mind helping him with some terms for our photography class. Nothing happened. It just got late. I don't remember falling asleep, but I guess I did. When I woke up I was in Harry's bed...and he was sleeping beside me." I told him the truth, and as I did I couldn't help but rush the words out of my mouth in fear that before I could finish he would interrupt.

"You slept in the same bed as Harry?" He stops walking and turns to face me.

"Yes, but nothing happened I swear." I rush to answer. I stopped walking and turned to face him, but keeping the eye contact to a minimum...I couldn't handle the look of disappointment...not from him at least. 

"How am I supposed to believe that when all the other lads in the house are telling me otherwise?" He states; an underlying tone of anger lacing around his words as he spoke.

I quickly looked up at him; my eyes wide in disbelief, "Wait, what?" I sputter out.

His normally warm ocean blue eyes have lost their appeal by now, and are replaced with an icy pale blue. "I hadn't even been home for more than a few minutes and was being bombarded by a few of the boys telling me what exactly you two were up to."

"Surely you don't believe them, right?" I ask now more angry than scared. 

"I don't know what to believe Madison! I leave and it takes you a week before you decide to call? How am I supposed to believe that you hadn't gone to Harry earlier and decided he was worth not calling me for a while? I leave and get back to rumors of you sleeping with not just some guy at the house but HARRY of all people!" his words now angrily being spit at me. 

"Niall I didn't call you or message you for a week because I thought that YOU didn't want to see me anymore...I thought you were ignoring me! I wanted to give you space to think or whatever! When I went to the house it was because I moved passed anger at you, and was concerned you were in trouble or something!" tears of frustration now spilling over the brim of my eyes.

"Sure Madison. You know what I gave Harry the chance, to be honest with me, but all he did was the same shit you're doing now! So much so that Liam tried saving his ass by backing up his story. I can't believe that I willingly opened up to you and shared shit with you that I haven't talked about to anyone else but my mates. That's okay though...this isn't the first time a girl I bring home ends up in someone else bed before mine. You're no different." ouch. that stung.

"You know what Niall believe what you want, but Harry and I didn't do anything but study and sleep. I know what I did and didn't do and if you don't trust me enough to believe me over a bunch of testosterone driven guys then that's your own fault! I shouldn't have to stand here and beg you to choose me over them...I've never been that girl and I'm not about to start now." I bit back at him, now overcome with anger and humility.

I begin to walk away when Niall grabs my wrist, and for a moment the electricity that shoots up my arm from it makes me want to turn around and kiss him. I stop and turn to face him, "If you walk away now I'm not going to try to stop you..." I snatch my wrist from his hand before looking him in the eyes and saying "I don't want you to stop me...I want you to believe that I am different than those other girls...that I'm not those other girls...I'm Madison." 

Tears stung my face as I walked away and back to the Gamma house. Before I open the door I look toward the Omega house and see Harry and Niall arguing in the front yard while Carter and Liam did their best to pull Niall away from Harry and into the house. I hesitate and wonder if I should get involved before deciding not to and enter the house quietly once more. Sliding down to the floor against the door I begin crying pulling my hair back and away from my face. Sobbing to myself quietly enough not to wake anyone in the house.

Was I just that unbelievable. Or was I just that, naive to believe that this whole situation would work out. 

A/N Sooooo that was intense. Also, I have decided that Madison will be portrayed by Phoebe Tonkin now. I just feel like she fits what I imagine Madison to look like now. Feel free to look at who is on the casting list of of right now..there may be new characters in the future but that is what is whats going on as of right now. Hope you guys can understand that. 

MAKE SURE TO LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, AND VOTE!