Checking out the grounds

Gabby and I made it back to the house so to speak. The walk back was silent followed by her mumbling things under her breath. She opened the door and stomped upstairs.
I closed the door and walked into the kitchen grabbing a water bottle and a banana on the way. Taking a sip of my water and heading upstairs I could hear some of the other girls who hadn't gone out for the party talking amongst themselves in their rooms.

I opened the door to the room, Gabby wasn't in her bed so I assumed she was in the shower or something. I sat down finishing up my snack and taking a swig of water. Come on Maddi sober up and go to sleep.

I groaned and slipped off my shirt, unzipping my boots and kicking them off in the process. I stood up and wiggled out of my jeans kicking them to the side next to my shoes. I pulled out a plain white sleep shirt from my dresser and threw it over my head, I mean who needs pants to sleep.

I collected my clothes that were laying on the ground and placed them in the hamper in the closet.

"You're stupid yanno the right." I heard Gabby state from behind me, I turned around to face her
She was standing in the entrance of my closet leaning against the door frame.

"Gee thanks." I replied running my hands through my hair and sighing, already starting to feel crappy but sober.

"You know what I meant..talking to Niall, let alone letting him set his eyes on you is a terrible idea."

"What do you mean? He's just a stupid frat boy" I replied rolling my eyes

"Who preys on stupid girls to fuck and then leave!" She stated raising her voice slightly

"Alright I know! Geez calm down you act like I'm gonna fall for his shit." I replied raising my voice just as much

"Whatever Maddi but when something goes wrong I told you so."

"Okay MOM"

I barely even know this girl. I mean it's been a day. Can she pump the breaks on the stalker best friend role for a minuet!

She huffed and walked out plopping into her bed pulling the duvet over her. I rolled my eyes and turned off our room light, crawling into bed and laying down.
Slowly but surely sleep took over and I drifted off.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off signaling me to get up. I rolled over on my side and checked my phone it read 9:15 a.m. I groaned and attempted to wipe the sleep out of my eyes "alright Maddi get your ass out of bed." I whispered to myself.
I got out of my bed and headed over to the restroom stopping by Gabby's bed to see if she was still sleeping, sure enough she was. I closed the bathroom door and turned on the shower.

After my shower I threw on a pair of light washed high waisted shorts and a loose fitted black shirt. I slipped on a pair of classic black and white converse and applied some Chapstick before heading down stairs.

I walked into the kitchen and was greeted by Cassidy "Good Morning!" She greeted
"Morning." I replied
"Where you going?" She asked taking a bite out of her apple
"Umm I'm gonna take a day to check out the campus a bit more." I replied stuffing my hands in my pockets
She nodded and smiled "Alright have fun, see you later."

I nodded and walked out of the kitchen and out the front door. It was bright out so I slipped on my sunglasses and headed down the street. I can't wait for my car to be delivered. But first I need a job. Damn it I need a job.

I walked past a couple of stores until I stopped by a Starbucks and grabbed a quick coffee before continuing on my way. The campus was beautiful, there were tall brick buildings and beautiful art work spread across the center of the lawn. Few people were out, but it made sense since it was the weekend...and close to 10 in the morning.

I had already stopped by all of my classes and made myself familiar with where I would need to go when school finally starts. That's good enough for one day right? I pulled out my phone and, the screen lit up making me aware that it was 12:30 already. My feet were hurting and my stomach was growling so I decided to head over to the chow hall to feast and fill my stomach up.