"Is it about removing the fleet stationed outside my city? Because I would love to talk about that, Ironwood." Ozpin retorted.

"It's a precaution, and for good reason too." Ironwood snapped back.

"Look. I have a lot of my plate Ironwood, I don't exactly have time for this."

"Yeah - that's why I'm here Ozpin."

"What?"

"I'm assuming one of the many things on your plate involve these massive energy spikes, Oz?"

"Guess it was only a matter of time until you asked." Ozpin sighed. "Very well, take a seat, you may need it."

"Thanks Oz." Ironwood replied, taking a seat infront of his desk.

"Now the first major energy spike happened within.. Beacon academy. Rest assured there was no threat of any kind to be seen, quite the contrary." Ozpin sipped his tea.

"Oh? And what about the second energy spike located within your grounds?"

"That was.. more troublesome." Ozpin sighed.

"Care to explain, Oz?"

"I believe it would be easier to show you." He typed something in a small hologram keypad infront of him, bringing up a video feed of that night.

...

"I can't believe he'd just up and leave!" Yang complained to her two friends as Ruby remained asleep on her bed. "After everything he put Ruby through, not even a sorry or thanks or goodbye?"

"He was a brute, Yang." Weiss sassed. "Did you honestly expect anything less?"

"Yeah. I wonder why and how he became a brute, he only walked through Hell for Eons." Blake sassed right back.

"Still he had no right to leave after all that, we were his friends!" Yang just got angry again.

"Stop it!" A voice from the top bunk yelled, silencing everyone - it was Ruby. "I expected him to leave sooner rather then later, he told me so himself."

"Ruby!" Yang screamed, running over to her bed. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, considering I'm alive." Ruby responded, sounding slightly downtrodden. "Still. I do wish he at least said goodbye first, but I understand."

"How can you just accept it, if he was anyone's friend he was yours." Yang just sounded confused now.

"Yang, please. I don't want to accept it... Can you turn the lights off please, I would like to go to bed." But before anyone could indulge Ruby's request a knock was heard at the door.

Weiss being the closest opened the door and to every bodies surprise Ozpin and Ironwood stood waiting on the other side. "Good evening girls, my good friend here would like to meet the Slayer." Ozpin explained.

"Well that's unfortunate, huh?" Weiss sassed. Ironwood raised an eyebrow at Ozpin and in return he shrugged. "He isn't here. He left. Gone." A tone of irritation started to take over her voice.

"That is unfortunate then, do you happen to know where he is?" Ironwood cut in.

"He was last at the docks, I suggest bringing a nose plug." Yang answered. "He has run off, we don't know where he is."

"Wasn't he tethered to Miss Rose?" Ozpin asked.

"Apparently not anymore." Weiss retorted.

"I see, thank you for your time then. Let's take our leave then, Ironwood." Ironwood nodded and they were wished goodnight before leaving.