epilogue

six months in.

unopened cardboard boxes still lay scattered in some rooms, a reminder of the memories they needed to unpack.

it was a friday morning, the grass outside dipped in frost that gleamed when it caught the sun's eye. for both of them, it was too early to be awake.

"now who's bright idea was it to keep the curtains drawn?" lavender mumbled, tugging the edge of the blanket over her face, but not before she cast a dirty look towards her husband.

the word still brought a smile to her face every time she thought about it.

sebastian groaned a silent retort, his hair so fluffy that she could stick a pencil through it and it wouldn't be visible. he drew himself from the bed, quickly pulling the curtains closed before returning next to her.

"seb." she smiled, lowering the blanket.

the brunet yawned, looping an arm around her waist, consequently bringing her closer to him. "what?" his morning voice always made her breath hitch, no matter how many times she'd heard it.

lavender held out her left hand, wiggling the ring finger. "look." she'd been showing it off for the past few months, and he had a feeling it wouldn't stop anytime soon.

sebastian matched her smile, closing his eyes with a slight shake of his head.

she sat up, rubbing her eyes before swinging her legs across the mattress, onto the wooden floor. the cold bit at her ankles, and she raced to find her clothes, scattered across the room—a turnout from last night.

he watched her with lazy eyes that squinted and eventually closed, arm extended to her side of the bed.

lavender tied her hair up, and set her fingers on sebastian's bare back, rolling her knuckles across. he'd been complaining about being sore lately.

"you wanna get up for breakfast soon, 'bash?" she felt him shift, goosebumps dotting his skin.

he groaned, yawning as he hooked her by the waist and brought her back onto the bed, "nah."

with a small grin lifting her cheeks, she met his eyes, crinkled with his signature crooked smile.

published 01.05.19