April 12, 2020

These strange people were at the door of the compound today. They said something about giving them food. The adults won't talk about them.

I think they are looters. I'm not an idiot, looters are going to loot homes during a disaster like this. They are dangerous people who probably wouldn't mind raiding a shelter like this.

They view the disaster as a way to take what they want. It's not like the police can stop them. They don't have enough people to attack us, but to be fair we don't have security or any weapons. So they could probably take us down if they tried.

I might have to suggest some security at the next meeting. They started allowing working teens to join the meetings. If you work you get a vote which seems fair, I am putting just as much work into this facility as anyone else.

 Joey doesn't seem to care anymore. Ever since his Dad died he has been in a really dark place. I want to tell him that it will be okay but he keeps trying to avoid me and I don't know why.

I wonder if I did anything wrong, or if I am just imagining things. Joey is my only friend in this compound and I would hate to lose him.

I mean people are nice here and I like talking to some people but Joey makes me feel like I am still a teen. I don't feel like its the end of the world, I feel like I can talk about normal things with him. It's a nice break from it all.