Chapter Three: Tangled up in Blue

Start from the beginning

Isa scoffs looking at Nik. "I'm not helpless you ass. I believe you are thinking about Edward."

You can feel the irritation rolling off the raven-haired girl.

Rebekah giggles at her words before rolling her eyes at Nik.

"I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the Salvatore carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

Isa closes her eyes and suppresses a sigh at how they talk like she's not there. She knows they do it to annoy each other, yet it is driving her insane. Hayley joins her standing next to the piano.

"I would really like to know what the plan is," the werewolf says holding the journal tight while looking at each of the supernatural creatures in the room.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean—my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Nik asks mockingly with a half smirk on his face.

Rebekah takes a pencil from the desk and throws it in Nik's direction. He catches it easily before it can make contact with his face. He gives a crooked smirk.

Isa laughs unable to help herself

Isa laughs unable to help herself. Nik winks at her.

Hayley groans loudly feeling left out of the planning. "The plan to rescue Elijah, you know, the good brother. The one that who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back."

Isa smirks at her frenemies sharp tone. At least she still wants to help find Elijah.

"In the front, if we're being specific. And let me make one thing clear, the only reason you're still breathing after that little stunt you pulled is that you and Isa seem to be from the same pack, so watch your tone!"

She shrinks back in fear. Isa shivers in pleasure at his authoritative tone.

"You three said that you would get him back. So is there a plan or not?" The she-wolf asks.

Isa leans back against the piano balancing herself on her hands with her head looking up at the ceiling.

"Well, the plan wasn't of my design, therefore it will most likely fail like Angela did her driving test," Isa says confusing the she-wolf who has never met Angela. "I mean why would your mortal enemy willing hand over Elijah when he knows that you could easily over-power him with three of the Original family in his city?" She states while looking into a pair of stormy gray eyes.

"Okay. Well firstly, Marcel isn't my mortal enemy—he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless." He says with a strong sense of confidence. "And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently-"