6 - Beastie

You crab walk backwards, scurrying away from the approaching creature. Its egg, clearly what the sphere was, has broken completely. The creature revealed itself, its scaley white body literally glowing as it approaches you.

You stop moving as its tongue flicks out, making it look rather adorable. You giggle, leaning towards it. Its barely the size of your palm, and its red eyes glisten as you reach towards it. It purrs as you pet its back, careful to avoid its delicate wings. Not long after, it crawls into your hand, but doesn't stop climbing. It rushes up your arm and stops at your shoulder. You giggle, thinking its found a resting place.

You were wrong.

It launches itself off of your shoulder and towards the ground, flapping its wings vigorously. You gasp, diving to catch it before it touches the floor. You grab it, holding it close to your chest as it recovers from its near death experience. It breathes heavily, its red pupils holding tears.

"Its okay buddy, maybe you shouldn't try flying until more than five minutes after youre born?" You ask, to which it nods happily. "Hmm....are you a girl?" It nods once more, understanding you.

"Well then, how about we call you Ruby?" Ruby purrs once more, though it is a strange sound for a small dragon, you find it cute. You walk to the living room, noticing the freezing creature as it shivers. You set it on the coffee table, allowing it to heat itself. Once more, it surprises you, crawling into the fire.

"Ruby!" You shout, worried about the suicidal beastie. It simply curls into a ball, letting the flames burn around it.

".......whatever." You sigh, knowing that this world is entirely new and you hadnt a clue as to what is possible. You turn from the fire, ready to sit on your couch before you run into a tall figure.

"Oof!"

You back away, seeing the tall statue of McGonagall above you. She raises an eyebrow, and you stutter as you try to explain.

"T-the animal I-in the fire.....I dont know what I-it is. Uh, t-the furni-"

"I know that you found Merediths spellbook, Miss (L/N)."

"Oh." You say, looking to the floor. She laughs, and you look back at her smiling features.

"Its alright, dear. The creature is rightfully yours, its the offspring of your mothers dragon. And the spellbook, well it runs in the family I assume."

"How did you know my mother? She couldnt have gone to Hogwarts, she would have been in Dratheum too!"

"Your mother and father went to Ilvermory, training in the American school. Your father was from there, and your mother simply couldnt come to Hogwarts. But for you, the rules have changed." She says, pointing to your scarred forehead. You nod, understanding that since Voldemort has tryed to kill you that you were an exception.

"I will leave you to sleep, but please try not to use too much magic outside of class."

*Time Skip*

"Ugh....." You groan, rolling in your (f/c) blankets. After Minerva McGonagall had left, you had went to sleep with the incredibly warm and glowing white dragon at your side. She nuzzled your face to wake you, and you smiled at her efforts.

"All right, all right, I'm up." Roby gurgles, and suddenly flies into the air. She swirls in the air, and you raise an eyebrow.

"You practiced all night, didnt you?" Ruby nods, and you shake your head. You quickly change into your pleated grey skirt, stalkings, flats, sweater, blouse, and purple tie with silver stripes. You grin as you ses your cloak. The once black interior of it now purple and your house crest magically appearing on the left breast. Your symbol was a purple circle lined with gold, a silver dragon being the animal on the backdrop. You walk out of your room with your (h/c) hair braided into a fishtail, and you grin as you exit your chambers to start a new day. As soon as you open the doors, you are greeted by a boy who is slightly taller than you. Now you remember who Draco Malfoy is.....