"Babyyyyyyy ",he sang through the phone.

"Yessss", I sang back with a small smile.

"I was calling to see how your session went and to let you know we have plans later on."

"It was good. And what plans are those?", I asked.

"Thats good to hear ,but Chris called and said he wanted to have dinner with us. He wants you to meet his daughter."

I rolled my eyes going silent. Ever since everything went down with Chris and Blake I have been dodging his presence. Even though him and Coby are best friends I didn't have to be around him if I didn't want to. Coby already knows how I feel so I don't know why he playing with me.

"Coby why you playing with me ? No offense to the baby ,BUT I don't fool with Chris and I FOR SURE am not about to smile in that hoe face. I know she gone be there so don't even part your lips to lie. I am not going." I gripped the steering wheel harder.

"I knew it", he murmured. "Well if you aren't going then I'm going."

This nigga think he slick. I don't want that grimy heffa anywhere near my man without me present. He knows how I am and now I'm gonna have to go.

"You think you slick ,huh?" I rolled my tongue in between my teeth and bottom lip.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah whatever. Well I'm headed to the office so I'll see you when I get off."

"Ok babe. I'll be watching. Like I do every night."

I smiled and shook my head.

"Ok baby . bye."

I pressed the end button and took my exit heading to the studio. I took my return to work slow only broadcasting every other night, but now I'm ready to go back to my regular scheduled programming. I looked at the time on the dash and it read 3:30 PM. Just enough time to pick my wardrobe, get my makeup done, do hair and be on air by 6. I drove to the front of the building and parked in my exclusive parking spot. I put the car in park and shut it off. I exited out grabbing my purse. I closed the door locking it with my key and walked inside. I stood in the foyer and took a deep breath. The sounds of chatter and the phones ringing always excited me. I walked to the elevator waving at a few people. The doors opened at the pressing of the button and I headed to the second floor that held my dressing room. The doors opened when I arrived and I stepped off walking straight to my dressing room. I stepped inside and sat on the couch that sat against one of the walls. I removed my jacket and draped it on the arm of the couch. I looked at the watch on my wrist and counted down from 30. Right as I got to the number one there was a knock on the door.

"Come in Allie", I sang. Allie is my assistant and also an intern. She's a young girl excited about the broadcasting industry that I have taken under my wing. She's only a sophomore at NYU ,but her drive and persistence stood out from the other students I interviewed who were seniors and grad students.

She opened the door handing me a cup of coffee and a file filled with what we would be covering today.

"Thank you", I said nodding at her.

"Your welcome. Today we have some pretty juicy news. The station got an anonymous call about  an exclusive celebrity story. I can't believe they accepted it and are deciding to broadcast it. This is a news station. We should be covering world events like the crisis in Syria, world hunger, or something ,but here they are drooling over celebrity gossip." She shrugged and shook her head in disappointment.

I shook my head as well. "Well that's one thing you have to take note on. Majority of the time the news station is worried about only ratings and money. They could care less about the stories and events that need to be told and have the public made aware. It's up to us as journalists to do our best to make sure the people get those stories. Every now and then we gotta do what they tell us to do so that we can continue doing our jobs. Now what is so juicy that we have make it headlining news?"