PART FIVE • The Wilde Encounter

A/N: THEDABPOLICE II, CHAPTER I PART V THEME SONG: It'll give you a little insight of Dan's feelings for this chapter. Even though, it won't be mentioned as much in this chapter.

LIES — MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS

⏸ 🔘——————————— 00:00

Enjoy ;D Anyways, back to the story XD

————————————————————

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE END OF ME, I didn't think that a hero needs his own saviour sometimes. Caroline was about to stab me with that pocket knife of hers after she tied the dog leash around my neck to a pole. Jemma, James and Justin were nowhere to be seen in the cafe. I closed me eyes as I were going to be stabbed by my dearest friend, around a massive number of people.

CRACK! In surprise, I opened my eyes and saw my saviour. Jemma Middleton, hair being flown by the wind; glasses shining down on me and revealing those beautiful coffee brown eyes; her hands covered in shards, after just hitting Caroline with a pot at the side. She gave an expression of terror and immediately untied me from the pole. From pain, I felt my eyes getting watery— also by the fear that no one will save me at that time. "Thank you, Jemma. I never knew that you would come." I said, a tear falling from my eye as I spoke.

Jemma's expression turned sad, it's probably either she couldn't bear seeing me like this, or she remembered when I was traumatised after the Erebusa case. "I told you, we've got your back."

Me and Jemma hugged, it took me time to realise that Caroline escaped! A blood trail from her right arm is seen, that's where she went! James and Justin, along with the police, was coming towards us. "Dan, Jemma! She's trying to escape!" Jemma looked at their direction, then to where Caroline went. Before we would catch up with her, she already hailed a cab and drove away. James and Justin took the first policeman's car while Dan and Jemma took the other's motorcycle.

Dan's motorcycle overtook Caroline's cab but the cab was getting faster. As if a criminal was driving it! Caroline opens the window close to us with an annoyed face, "Aren't you getting sick of chasing me? If you don't do anything rather than annoy me, I bet you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

"Oh please, Caroline. I don't even like you!" Jemma retorts. That caused Caroline's anger to boil once again, so throw a smoke bomb. That also caused me to get off the road and be thrown near an old sofa, luckily we landed on the old cushions beside it. Then off she goes, "We lost her." I told Jemma, who was still dizzy from the impact. "Hey, don't lose hope!" A voice called out, it was James on their car along with Justin, who was driving. "Hop in, there's more space at the back!" James continued. I carried Jemma, since she was still feeling dizzy, bridal style. We both sat at the back and chased Caroline Millies once again.

  ——————————— 

CAROLINE ARRIVED AT THE LOCATION someone texted her, when w=she was about to pay the cabbie— it turned out to be her! Foolish, Caroline thought, she could've realised it— her and her black Prius! "It's okay, you don't have to pay me sweetie. Oh, was that too surprising?" The woman who pretended to be the cabbie asked, that smirk Caroline saw everyday as she walks by her at the ASDA was indeed on her face once again. It annoyed her sometimes, but it also made her fascinated. "Mara Wilde, you and your little pet videos don't hide that mischievous aura of yours — well at least not for me." Caroline teased, which made Mara giggle. "Come on, let's go to the rooftop — your friends might catch us here."

Dan was still trying to heal Jemma's wound on the head, which was a long cut from her temple to the side of her eye. It was the reason she was getting dizzy until now. Luckily, it wasn't a deep cut. "Dan," James called, "when Caroline talked to you earlier, what did she say?" He didn't want to think of it, for it was a big heartbreaking tragedy, but James is one of his loyal friends and he knew he needed to vent sometimes. "I found out that she did betray us all along, and she used love to cover that up." Dan spoke with pain in his voice. "And you fell for it? That's why you're still concerned about her?" Justin asked loudly, which caused Jemma to awoken from her nap, but she realised where the conversation was going, so she didn't bother making it obvious. It took Dan a long time to answer, which put a question to Jemma's mind, did he really fall for her?

"No..." Caroline's voice trailed in shock, "So you leaked my profile ID cause you were being salty that I'm more famous than you?!" Mara chuckled, "That's a good point but I did that cause you're getting close to him, what my point is — I'm reminding you the side you are supposed to be in! You forgot you're a spy, you were falling for him!" Caroline was still in rage, but then why be mad when Mara is right. She forgot who she was, she forgot she was already a part of the ASDA. All because she fell for DanTDM, a YouTuber she truly admires. "The plan, it worked, right?" Caroline asked, leaving her thoughts aside. "Yes, but that's not what we're talking about, Carol! What we're talking about is how you will safely get back to the ASDA."

"I will never go back to the incident that caused me heartbreak. No, I never fell in-love with her! I was just shocked that she still chose to betray me as I tried to get her at our side. That was why I was so close to her, I knew who she really was. I'm sorry I didn't bother to tell you guys, I didn't want her to suspect." Dan replied at Justin's question, and since their questions were answered they kept silent and went back to driving. Jemma's right eye shed a tear after she heard Dan's statement, she thought she never changed after the Evangeline Smiths incident — but she was wring, he did change, a lot. They arrived at the building, the parking lot was filled with trucks, and on the rooftop was a readhead and a brunette. Caroline Millies was up there, so the team ran towards the building — but then they stopped after they saw Dan watching them. He was stopping himself from helping her, his face faced his team with an expression of 'let's stop this.'

"Carol, you have a choice — it's time to pick." Mara Wilde said, their conversation felt like it went for an hour. Caroline felt guilt, why was she working with her nemesis anyways? It was hard for her to decide, cause she values them both. And now, she has to pick between two sides — Dan or Mara. She then stood at the edge of the rooftop, facing Mara then looking down at Dan. He's watching, she thought. "I already made the right choice." She said as she looked sideways, "I love you Mara, thank you for this." She then pulled out a gun and puts it near her head. She smiles as she spoke inside her head: Sayonara, DanTDM.

BANG! A loud shot was heard from the rooftop as Dan couldn't held back a loud scream. He was shocked at the sudden suicide, he never expected his friend to do such a thing. TheDabPolice ran towards many other trucks, just to see the redhead's body soaking in a bloodbath. Dan looked above to see the brunette, shocked and scared. It was the end of an era, for Caroline Millies and Daniel Middleton.

———————————

TO ME, Daniel Middleton, she is still a good friend — traitor or not. I know she cares. A lot. Sometimes, not because your friend is fake doesn't mean you have no right to be concerned. If you still have a conscience, you might as well grieve for her.

Its been three weeks since Caroline Millies commited suicide. Jemma thought it was good, cause in a lot of stories the antagonist had to die for the protangonist to win. To me, she was just an anti-hero — lost in between crime and justice, doing what she thinks is right even in the most brute of ways. We could've done better at handling the problem than letting the "tea" boil so much that it overflowed.

I think her presence just wanted that. He heard laughing behind him, he turned around — just the window. Maybe Caroline read his mind and thought it was ridiculous. He went back to his table and saw a folder. He read it and smiled, "Thanks, Carol."

He exits the room and shows it to Jemma and the others. Looks like the Dab Police is back once again. They could be going places!

————————————————————

Sorry if this took so long guys! Took me a while to actually get motivation to finish this! Enjoy the last part of Chapter 1 :)