PART FIVE • His Answer

I ENTER THE HOUSE, it was quite neat today. The lights is still on, I look at the time- it was 6:43pm. "Daniel Middleton, where have you been?" Jemma asks, the usual concerned face looking at me right now. And the concerned tone of hers as usual. She was holding a basket of freshly washed clothes, looks like she's been busy all day. "I've been out, thinking of the case you- the TDP members- gave me." I replied. A shock was shown in her expression, "Well, how was it then?"

"It was- well, I'm ready actually for-"

"Oh thank goodness! Should we start tomorrow?"

"I already started it."

"Oh, that's depressing. Well I'm proud cause my dear husband now likes doing cases alone!"

"Yeah." I replied, pondering if I should tell Jemma about Caroline, a new friend. But jealousy might come to her mind, so maybe not now. I think Jemma isn't ready for that surprise. James and Justin joined us downstairs after, what looks like recording a video. James smirked at me with a proud expression, while Justin looked at Jemma with a smile. They all exchanged looks, waiting for my answer. The answer that can finally lift up the organisation back again.

"So are you ready to take the risk again?" She said, giving out the Dab Police shirt of mine. I look at it with despair, all the memories washed back through me that it made me cry. It was both happy and depressing, Justin handed me my coat and I held it with joy. I held my breath, and exhaled. I replied:

"Yes, Jemma. The Dab Police is back on track!"