Leaving one of my hands in his hair, I trailed the other one down his neck to his upper back, trailing my nails lightly over it.

Nico always did this kind of thing for me, whether he rubbed my back to comfort me, or messed with my hair to get me to relax.

I always loved it, and I guess Nico was quite fond of it as well.

That thought got confirmed as soon as I felt the vibrations of a purr come from his chest.

The purr that I had only ever felt whenever Nico fed from me.

I remembered the last time he did, his purr actually helped me calm down.

Something about feeling those vibrations resonating through my own body coaxed me into relaxation.

Both back then and now.

I initially thought vampires only purred whenever they were feeding from something alive, but I guess I was wrong.

Nico both pushed himself against me, and pulled me tighter against him, locking our ankles together under the blankets, making sure that his cool skin was touching mine wherever we could.

Which told me that he was definitely awake now and that he was really enjoying this.

I for one was beginning to enjoy his response to all of this as well.

"When do you need to get up?" I whispered, wanting to know how much time we had before he had to leave.

He let out a low grumble, causing his purr to stop

"Very soon, but you're making it really difficult for me to actually want to," His tired voice complained.

I couldn't help but giggle at his tone.

"I could always stop." I offered as I began massaging his head with my fingertips, betraying my own words.

His purr began again as I noticed goosebumps raise on his arms.

Bingo.

I found his weakness.

"Please don't," he pleaded, lightly pushing back against my hand as I began massaging the top of his neck with one.

My smile widened

I felt like this kind of situation would usually be reversed.

But since it wasn't, I was enjoying it to the fullest and basically just enjoying the fact that the mighty Nico's weakness was head massages.

And as much as I wanted to do as he has requested, I still wanted him to get whatever he had to do done.

"How long will the preparations take?" I asked.

He hummed quietly, stroking my back with his thumb.

"Not too long," he began, "Worst case scenario... probably like an hour?"

My movements paused as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Worst case scenario?" I asked, beginning to massage him once again.

I mean, I already knew that we were doing all of this without Lord Bronwyn's knowledge, but I feel like if the worst case scenario involved him, it would take more than an hour to figure out.

"Yeah. If he doesn't cooperate like how I want him to or if a guard gets in the way."

He? Guard?

"What exactly is it that you're doing?" I questioned.

Nico chuckled at the worry in my voice.

"I'm just getting our limo driver. Nothing to worry about."

"Uh-huh," I responded doubtfully.

I knew that whatever Nico had planned, he wasn't going to do it recklessly.

And if it was going to take an hour at most, that gives us a couple more hours before we had to leave.

We already had everything packed so there wasn't anything else we had to do after this.

I breathed in deeply.

"Ok so then how about I stop now," I stopped massaging his head to prove my point, "You go and do what you need to do and then we can continue once you get back."

His purr ceased once again, followed by a deep sigh as he thought over my offer.

"Fine," he said reluctantly, slowly releasing the multiple holds on me and pushing himself up with one arm.

"But until I get back," He leaned down, kissing the side of my neck. The feeling caused my breath to hitch and my own goosebumps to spread, "Try to get some more sleep."

I didn't say anything, just nodded as he smirked victoriously and got out of the bed.

I was too sidetracked thinking about how even though I just found out his weakness, he definitely had already figured out mine.

My eyes followed him as he walked into the bathroom, grabbing one of the large towels before he knelt in front of the sink, looking through the contents that he kept under there.

I already knew that I wouldn't be falling back asleep.

Ever since Nico had told me what we were doing I've been excited.

Excited for where this was going to take us.

Today was the day.

The start of our new beginning.

~~~

A/N: ALRIGHT YALL THAT'S THE END OF BOOK ONE! YOU READY FOR BOOK TWO???

let me just answer that for you. You're not and I know that for a fact.

Book two is gonna have all kinds of stuff, new twists and turns, special POV's and so so much more. You guys are probably gonna hate me at certain times but I'm willing to deal with it.

Ooh im excited.

More info about it will be in the next chapter.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this book and look forward to the next ones! Love you guys!!!!