Chapter 19

How long had it been? Minutes, hours?

It felt like I had been here for hours, tied to this bed while Xander took his sweet time drinking from me, though the fact that I wasn't dead yet told me that it hasn't even been near that long.

Everything felt hazy, whether it was because of the blood loss or pure fear I wasn't sure.

The only thing I could really process was the intense pain in my side and the tight pressure of Xander's grip on my legs.

The rest was just a blur, like none of my other senses wanted to experience this.

I barely even felt myself fall against the bed, my body apparently feeling too weak to keep it tense anymore.

Although, I did hear a small noise come from Xander as I felt him remove his fangs from my side.

I didn't even have time to feel grateful before His eyes met with mine, now being an even deeper red than before.

A devilish smirk rose to his face as he removed his hands from my legs.

"Now, we don't want you passing out now do we?" he asked, partially breathless.

I didn't respond, I don't even think I could. I just stared at my blood that was currently staining his teeth.

He slowly shifted himself so that he was hovering above me, one of his hands reaching towards the thing that was holding my arms.

"Nico would freak out if you were gone that long, and knowing him, he would come to me first," he chuckled as the thing around my arms loosened, freeing them, "And that would be a bad time for both of us, don't you think?"

I nodded to the best of my ability, hoping that he would let me go faster if I did.

"Good. Now, remember, not one word to Nicolas." He mocked.

Again I nodded.

Xander's smirk just grew.

Next thing I knew I was back in the hallway, struggling to stay upright as my head pounded. I barely even realized that I had fallen onto my knees.

Xander's amused chuckle brought my eyes to where he stood by his door frame.

"Have fun getting back to him," He said, " Oh, and don't worry about those files, I'll bring them to Nico myself tomorrow."

I heard him laugh once more before he closed the door, just leaving me there.

I just sat there, staring at the door as I tried to recollect my thoughts.

A warm wetness snapped my head down towards my hips, seeing the trickle of blood falling from the wounds.

Xander didn't stop the bleeding.

I quickly covered the area with my hand, wincing at the contact while a new panic ran through me.

How was I supposed to hide this from Master then it was still bleeding?!

I shook my head, trying to calm myself down.

I could stop it by the time I got there right?

Yeah...

I slowly pushed myself onto my feet, stumbling forward against the wall as soon as I got up.

I leaned motionless against the wall for a few moments, trying my best to control my breathing.

Walking without support didn't seem like an option given my current condition.

With one hand on the wall and the other against my side, I eventually began walking towards Master's room.