6| One Glance

As always: comment on any mistakes that I have made. It will help when I fix any mistakes later on!

❗️

Watching as Murphy failed to embed a knife in a tree, Milo listened to the painful groans and yells of the poor kid in the dropship. He could faintly make out a conversation between Murphy and Bellamy, but he decided to ignore the two and look around the camp.

Every few seconds he could feel a pair of eyes on him coming from the direction of the two boys, but each time he glanced, neither were looking. His brows furrowed as he felt the lingering feeling again, looking out of the corner of his eye, he could see Bellamy looking at him then glancing back to Murphy and the other two boys that had just walked up.

"Could be Grounders." Atom said to Bellamy, only for Murphy to respond with "yeah or they could be in pound town. Lot of that going around recently."

Bellamy walked to the tree and grabbed the ax that had somehow ended up in the tree while Milo wasn't paying attention, the silence between the five was broken by the sound of Octavia throwing water into a bush, staring at Atom. "Look, Bellamy, people are scared, and that dying kid, he's not helping the morale around here."

The small meeting Milo was witnessing was awkward, but he stayed silent, finally giving the conversation his full attention. "Morale will go up when I find them more food," Bellamy responded to Atom. The guy that Milo didn't know spoke up this time, "and what do we say when they ask about Trina and Pascal?"

Milo found that interesting, they didn't know where the young couple were? "Now? Nothing. It's possible they're just lost. We'll keep an eye out for them when we go hunting later."

"Let's go kill something." Murphy said as the group began to leave, only to have Bellamy step in front of him and halt his movements, "You're not going. I need you to stay here. If Grounders are circling, we can't leave this place unprotected."

Murphy feigned a look of anger but inside he was happy Bellamy was making him stay behind. Milo began to walk away, past Bellamy and Murphy, "Ladies." He nodded his head and started to leave towards the dropship. "Milo, wait just one second." The said boy stopped and turned towards Bellamy, "and why, Boss?"

The Blake boy smiled at the nickname and patted Murphy on the arm before walking up to Milo, "few of us are going hunting, you in?"

That's how Milo ended up in a make-shift tent with Murphy and Bellamy, talking about weapons. Milo was stood next to Murphy, occasionally looking down at Murphy for some kind of reasoning to why he was here at all. Bellamy's eyes squinted each time Milo looked down at his right-hand man.

Before the three could continue their conversation, Octavia stormed in, asking what Bellamy did to Atom. The man looked towards Milo and Murphy and nodded his head towards the tent entrance, the two boys taking that as their signal to leave. Once out of the tent, Murphy grabbed Milo by the sleeve of his jacket and dragged him into another tent, this one considerably smaller than the last.

When they stepped into the tent Milo smiled, sat on a chair from the dropship was none other than Nate, who smiled widely and jumped up, hugging Milo.

"Hey Miles, John was telling me this morning that you didn't have a tent." Milo raised his eyebrow at Murphy but turned back to Nate with a smile, "No, Nate, I don't have a tent."

Nate's smile was one that made everyone else in the room smile, so when the boy sheepishly smiled at Milo, he could help but smile back. "Well, John and I wouldn't mind a roommate, right John?" Murphy wrapped his left arm around Nate's shoulders and patted Milo's upper arm with his right hand, "We've got plenty of room M."

❗️

Okay hella short but at least I'm updating