2| Chancellor of Earth

-

-

Cheers could be heard from throughout the forest, the teens letting their excitement about this new land show through their voices. Milo, on the other hand, sat on a thick branch up in a tree, his body leaned against the trunk as his legs dangled around the branch.

The cheers quieted down, Milo assumed the teens had finally tired themselves out from running around. But the next thing he heard told him otherwise.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" The teens were not tired out, but simply amused by another source.

Milo could see the group from his tree, and at the center of attention, Wells Jaha. The boy had some how found a way to cause a disturbance, only an hour after being on the ground.

The dark haired boy recognized the girl standing beside Wells instantly. Clarke Griffin. The privileged blonde beauty had been the cause of Milo's many problems. Milo climbed from his tree and sauntered his way towards the group, standing behind 'the first girl on earth in 100 years' and listened as Clarke ranted on about how they needed to get to mount weather.

"I got a better idea." Milo spoke up from behind the fake guard and the girl, making all eyes shift to him as he stepped between the duo and stared at Clarke and Wells. "You two go, find it for us." He said, arms crossing over his chest as Clarke and Wells looked at their old friend with confused stares.

"Let the privileged do the hard work for a change." The fake guard called out, finishing Milo's statement. Everyone around them shouted out a "yeah," making Milo's mouth tilt up the slightest bit.

"You're not listening. We all need to go." Wells called out, but not even a second later, the young Jaha was being pushed by none other than John Murphy. "Look at this, everybody- the chancellor of Earth."

John kicked Wells' foot from beneath him as everyone encouraged him. Milo watched from a few feet away, his arms crossed over his chest, and a scowl resting over his face. He, much like most teens on the ground, hated Wells Jaha.

Wells stood up and put his hands in front of him, ready to fight John. "Come on. Come on." John said to Wells, motioning him to fight. Before anything could happen, a long haired boy jumped off the roof of the drop ship and landed between Wells and John. His landing was almost cat-like, landing straight on his feet gracefully. John Murphy almost looked scared of the guy. "Kids got one leg. How 'bout you wait until it's a fair fight?" The boy's voice sounded almost toneless, like he held no emotion.

Octavia broke the silent stare down between the boy and John, "Hey, Spacewalker, rescue me next." She said, walking past Milo and towards the long haired boy. Everyone laughed at them, including the 'Spacewalker' himself.

John Murphy grabbed one of his friends by the bicep and left the group. Everyone dispersed quickly after that, each going to their own group of friends. Milo started towards his tree when an all to familiar voice called out to him. "Milo can we please talk." The brunette didn't turn around to talk to the person, but he stopped and turned his slightly to the left, "What's there to talk about, Griffin."

Milo shoved his hands into the pockets of his bomber jackets and stalked away from the blonde beauty behind him.

❗️❕❗️❕

The brunette boy had spent the last half hour wandering around the small campsite that the criminals had made for themselves. After being informed by a short brunette that a group of 5, including the princess, had left for food, he decided it was best to find a place to settle for the night.

The sun had set a while ago, leaving the only light to be the fire a group of guys had lit. Walking up, he could see John Murphy and John Mbege taking a girls wristband off, throwing it into the fire. Looking to his right, he saw Wells limping into the crowd.

With every wristband that was thrown into the fire, the cheers got louder, celebrating one more step towards their victory. Bellamy called out to the crowd, "Who's next?" But Wells has other ideas. "What the hell are you doing?" He demanded, limping up to the fake guard.

Mbege moves to interfere, but Bellamy placed a hand atop his chest and looked at Wells, "We're liberating ourselves. What does it look like?" Bellamy had a smug look on his face, he was pleased that he got under Wells Jaha's skin. "It looks like you're trying to get us all killed." Wells took another step towards Bellamy as the words fell from his lips.

Bellamy licked his lips and looked away from Wells as the younger boy continued, "the communication system is dead. The wristbands are all we got." The irritation on the older mans face was clear, Wells Jaha was annoying him. He rubbed the tip of his nose with his thumb, and continued to listen to Wells. "Take them off, and the Ark will think we're dying. That it's not safe for them to follow."

As Wells went about his speech, Milo pushed his way through the crowd, finally breaking through as Wells had finally finished. "Isn't that the point, Chancellor?" He called out, causing a few laughs to arise from the crowd. The older Blake sibling was now staring at Milo with a glint in his eyes. "We can take care of ourselves, now can't we lady's?" He called out to the crowd, gaining more laughs than before.

A series of "Yeah's" were shouted amongst the group. Wells had now turned to face Milo, who was still walking up to them. "You think this is a game, M?" Milo had planted himself firmly next to Bellamy, arms crossed over his chest with a blank look in his eyes, but a smirk on his face. "Those aren't just our friends and our parents up there. They're our farmers, our doctors, our engineers. I don't care what he tells you. We won't survive here on our own..."

Wells and Bellamy had finally made eye contact as Wells continued, "and besides, if it really is safe, how could you not want the rest of our people to come down?" Wells had a betrayed look on his face, wondering how this group could allow their people to die in the sky.

"My people already are down." Bellamy spoke up, gesturing his hand out towards the delinquents. "Those people locked my people up." He stated, point his finger to the sky, where their home was located. "Those people killed my mother for the crime of having a second child." With each word he stepped towards Wells till he was in front of him. "Your father did that."

"My father didn't write the laws." Wells tried to argue, but nobody was buying it. "No. But he did enforce them, Wells, but not anymore." Milo shot back, making Wells' teary eyes switch to him. "Not here. Here, there are no laws." People called out their agreements, having stayed silent through the conversation.

"Here, we do whatever the Hell we want whenever the Hell we want." Bellamy's voice got louder with each word. His head turned slightly to shoot a smirk at Milo before it snapped back to Wells. "Now, you don't have to like it, Wells. You can even try to stop it or change it, kill me. You know why?" Bellamy asks, his mouth twitched into a smile, "whatever the hell we want."

Soon the crowd was erupted with the chanting of "whatever the hell we want!" Milo watched with a smirk as Bellamy and Wells had a stare down, only for it to be broken by the sound of thunder and rain falling down upon them.

Milo's head turned up to the sky, eyes closed, letting the water wash over his face. His mind tuned out the excited yells about the the rain, letting him have a moment of peace. That moment was washed a way as a rough hand landed on his shoulder. His eyes traveled from the fingertips, up the arm, and to the body of the person gripping him. "What's your name, kid?"

"Milo."

❕❗️❕❗️

Ahhh okay ignore any errors in this chapter, or point them out, I hate seeing spelling errors in a book. So this entire book is basically just dedicated to my friend Kaylie, who literally just helps me come up with everything in all my books. There's literally always a character that I write based upon her. Ahh okay but I'm sorry for slow updates, I'm always busy. My job is like, "haha you thought you could have a life, now here work this 10 hour shift today." So don't expect scheduled updates, like ever.