Chapter 1: Lights, Camera, Explosion!

Начните с самого начала

"Manik...the girls have been waiting for the past hour! Please hurry up! The shoot is already behind schedule!" Amir yelled through the door.

Ugh! Just when my mood was on the verge of improving-his horse like neighing had to interrupt me!

I took a deep breath and convinced myself that I could do this.

Come on, Manik! It's showtime!

I smirked and finally went forward to unbolt the door.

As soon as I flung the door open, Amir said in a hysterical voice, "Manik...you're late! Crew ke log kabse wait kar rahe hai!"

I only gave him a death stare in return, which seemed to scare him off instantly!

"Woh sorry Manik...everyone's getting impatient...that's why I kept calling you..." He said quietly, nearly eating his words up.

"Sorry?! You should always be sorry! Yeh jo teri ghode jaisi aawaz hain na...main pichle hafte se sun sun ke thak chuka hoon!" I said, in a bored voice as I walked out of the room pushing him aside.

I started walking towards the entrance of the villa, where the shoot was to commence. It would be the introduction sequence of all the women, who were contestants on the show.

As soon as I reached the spot, everyone seemed to wake up from their short snooze.

The director immediately screamed at the production team to get things ready and the DOP took his position, as I prepared to face the camera. The anchor for the show- Raghav Rai also did one last touch-up before we proceeded.

"Okay! Manik and Raghav, are you ready?" The director asked.

I just nodded disinterestedly before I put up a plastic smile, in order to feign excitement.

Raghav also gave the thumbs up sign and smirked at me as if gauging my actual inner emotions.

"Alright! Roll sound...camera...and action!" The director shouted.

"Good evening everyone! Welcome to India's first season of 'The Bachelor'! Powered by Veet! I'm your host for this season-Raghav Rai!" He said animatedly.

I laughed at his over the top caricature like voice as he continued to speak.

"So this show has always been one of my favourites...finding your true love and sharing that experience with the entire country! It's just so romantic! Isn't it? So without further ado let's introduce our suitor for this season! With his dashing looks and impeccable charm, no doubt he's every woman's dream man! Give it up for-Manik Malhotra!" He said, applauding enthusiastically.

I gradually strolled up to him and the camera man used a steadicam to zoom in on my face. I dutifully flashed a grin to put up a show of enthusiasm.

"So Manik...excited to be here?" Raghav asked, moving the microphone close to my mouth.

"Yes...definitely! Who wouldn't be excited to meet a swarm of beautiful women?" I replied cheekily.

Raghav chuckled in response and said. "Charming! But in all seriousness tell us-what qualities are you looking for in your life partner? And do you think you'll find true love among the contestants here?"

Love...that stupid word all over again! I didn't want to talk about such a useless topic!

"Manik?" He asked again, as he saw my attention wandering.

"Loyalty and honesty...those are the qualities I'm looking for...I can't stand fake people." I replied with a staunch seriousness in my eyes.

"Okay...so let's see if you find someone who is loyal and honest! Shall we meet the women, then?" He asked trying to lighten the heaviness in the atmosphere.