10.

Anayla Smith
July 12, 2010.

- This the last time y'all, I promise😂

I sat on my aunts leather couch in the middle of Mila and some boy whose name I couldn't even remember. She had been talking to this one guy she met on our block and she invited him and his friend over. She claims that she wants me to move on but I know that her boo wouldn't have been able to come if his friend couldn't come so here we are.

Halloween was displayed across the television screen and I rolled my eyes as the dark skin guy beside me slowly placed his arm around my neck. I wasn't too fond of him because the first thing that came out of his mouth when we were introduced were, "Damn, she's bad for a darkskin girl". Like, you're darkskin and I'm pretty sure your mother is too but whatever. Just ignorant.

I gently shook his arm off of me and focused of the gory scene in front of me.

"Why you acting like that ma?"

"I'm trying to watch the movie." I retorted, not taking my eyes off of the screen.

He smacked his lips and leaned over to peck my neck. I instantly shoved him back with a disgusted expression. "You're about to piss me off."

Standing from my seat, I stumped out of the living room and upstairs to my bedroom. Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my cheeks. I hated to admit it but I missed Ty so much. Maybe because he was my first boyfriend but I just missed our friendship and the conversations we had. Our relationship made me realize how lame and ignorant these other guys are.

I crouched down on the tile wood floor, reached under my bed and pulled out the bottle of Hennessy I had gotten from Ty. I had become sort of a drinker. I'd saved this bottle and came to it when I felt that I needed to calm my self down. It was almost like a stress reliever. Putting the bottle to my mouth, I took a long swig before placing it besides me on the nightstand.

I shot up from my spot on the bed when I heard a hard knock at the door. I quickly wiped my tear stained face with the back of my palm.

"Nay it's me, open up." I could hear Mila's soft voice from the other side. I sighed before opening my door and letting her inside. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"What happened down there?"

"I just don't like him." I shrugged, shifting my weight from one leg to the other.

"I'm sorry, I can tell them both to lea-.."

I quickly cut her off. "No, it's okay I know how much you like Shawn. I'll stay up here."

"You sure? This is your house."

I nodded and she just shrugged before kissing my cheek and jogging back downstairs. I shut and locked the bedroom door before taking a few more gulps from the bottle. Staring at the bottle made me think about Ty and that just put me in my feelings even more. Call me stupid but I missed him so much, I was ready to forgive him and forget the whole situation happened.