04.

Anayla smith
August 29,2009.

I sat on my bed, finishing up the last page of my book. I'd stopped painting as much and resorted to reading. The rest of the summer had flew by. It was now August and I was returning back to Georgia.

I spent these last few weeks couped in my room. It was a daily routine. Sleep, eat, read and repeat.

For the first time, I was actually ready to go home. I couldn't stand being in Virginia any longer, especially with all these bad memories.

I tossed Thirteen Reasons Why, the book I just finished, into my suitcase before zipping it up. Jay Asher had become my favorite author. His content was well thought out and original, plus I shared a lot in common with most of his characters. More specifically, Hannah Baker from the book I'd just finished. She was a teenager in high school who was being bullied which eventually lead to her killing herself.

I was never severely bullied or anything like that but we shared similarities. We thought alike, we were outcast and we were both raped.

"Ready to go?" Paige entered the bedroom and plopped besides me. She was dressed in a skintight dressing, looking like a damn super model.

"Yes."

"You know you can talk to me about anything Nay." She reached out to push a strand of hair behind my ear. I'd been super quiet since the incident, you would've thought I was mute. Of course this raised some speculation for Paige but I really didn't want to talk about it. I was trying to put it behind me.

"Mhmm." Sliding my jacket on, I picked up my suitcase and started down the stairs leaving her sitting on the bed.

"I got it." Christian rushed up the stairs to help with my belongings. I shot him a small, closed-mouth smile in return.

While he carried my things to his car, I hugged my aunt goodbye. She kissed me and told me she'd see me next summer, which I doubted.

Next was Chris. I was still a little embarrassed of how he'd seen me a few weeks ago. I was a mess, leaving the clinic. He'd taken me out to this painting joint. He tried to convince me to paint but I wasn't in the mood so I just watched him, which was really soothing.

"See you lil bit." He wrapped his long arms around my fragile body.

"Bye Chris."

His lips moved closer to my ear and he whispered, "You'll be alright okay?"

I nodded before mumbling another goodbye and rushing outside. All I could think about was how wrong he was. I wouldn't be alright.

_

June 26,2010.

"Thank you." I handed the taxi driver a twenty dollar bill and hopped out. He popped the trunk and I quickly grabbed my Louis Vuitton suitcase.

The driver pulled off and I stood in the middle of the street for a second, staring at the familiar house. The house I come to every summer. My second home.

I promised myself I wouldn't come back here but, here I was. And to my surprise, I was happy to be back. I was going to make sure this was the best summer ever to make up for last years.