donghyuck's eyes diverted to the guy who's just silently standing behind the man, looking at him with pitiful eyes. he looked like he wanted to help but why isn't he moving? donghyuck mentally scoffed, what is he thinking. why did he even trust jungwoo. of course he would side on yukhei's father, he loves yukhei. why would jungwoo help donghyuck when the boy killed the person he loved.

the man tightened his grip on the boy's chin, ❝it's my turn to ruin yours.❞ his deep giggle scared donghyuck but what donghyuck was scared the most was what he was going to do with jeno because the man was walking towards the boy who's head was still hung low. ❝let's start it off by hurting your loved one.

no!❞ a tear fell down, followed by another and soon later he was a crying mess. the man had no heart, he just punched the unconscious boy. ❝don't hurt him.

hearing donghyuck's cries was making jungwoo want to leave the room. he did say that he will save the two boys but what can he do? that man can also hurt him as he was bringing a gun and a knife while jungwoo? he was unarmed. he brought nothing with him as the man confiscated his gun knowing that jungwoo will betray him sometime soon.

stop!❞ donghyuck cried out.

how does it feel watching someone important to you getting hurt?❞ he grabbed a fistful of jeno's hair, pulling his head up and gave donghyuck a chance to let him see clearly the bruises on jeno's face.

i'm sorry.❞ he said, more like a whisper. he was crying hard and was shouting until he could feel his throat hurt.

what can your sorry do, bring yukhei back to life?❞ he lets go of jeno's hair and walked towards donghyuck, ❝i told you to stay away from my son but did you do that? no!❞ he harshly pulled donghyuck's hair, earning a painful groan from the boy.

s-stop.. it h-hurts..

you think this hurts?❞ he lets go and punched donghyuck's face, not caring if he cuts the younger's lip because of the ring he is wearing. ❝what about that?❞ he raised his hand back up and swiftly slapped donghyuck on the face, ❝did that hurt little buddy?

instead of answering with a yes or no, donghyuck cried even harder. his sniffing and his sobs were starting to get uncontrollable. he had a hard time breathing.

but that doesn't compare to how hurt i was after knowing that my son died.❞ he said, standing up ❝and it made me furious after knowing that you were the reason why he died.

actually, it wasn't donghyuck's fault. they were walking down the silent road and donghyuck just wants to play. there were no people around and no cars were passing by the road so donghyuck decided to play tag with yukhei. standing at the middle of the road, a car unexpectedly appeared and he felt his body freeze. yukhei quickly pushed donghyuck to the side and was the one getting the hit.

he died instead of donghyuck. he saved donghyuck.

but because of this man, donghyuck couldn't help but feel like it was his fault. it was his fault why yukhei died. he blamed himself for yukhei's death.

stop this.❞ after a long hour of watching the man hurt the two boys, jungwoo decided to speak up, ❝jeno has nothing to do with this, he's just his boyfriend, and donghyuck didn't kill yukhei, yukhei saved him.❞ jungwoo said, lying about jeno being donghyuck's boyfriend but telling the truth about yukhei saving donghyuck.