Chapter 1

A/N: So this is my new story. My friend has been bugging me to hurry up and upload this so I did. Please enjoy and vote!

Pic on the side of Riya (Ariana Grande). 

Riya POV

"Honey?" My mom called sweetly from the main floor of the pack house for the fourth time. We were the last ones there because everyone else was either already at school, at work, or had to run errands.

"Yeah, Mom?"

"Can you do me a favor and GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE?"

I had pretty much seen that one coming. "I'll be down in a minute!" I was getting ready for school and my mom had to get to work. I had gotten dressed in my white sweater and blue jeans, which I paired with white vans. I tied my burgundy hair into a pony-tail and grabbed my purse. 

I heard the door open and a muffled guy's voice speaking. I grabbed my books ran downstairs after hearing the door slam. That was never a good thing on a school day.

"Wait, Mom! I'm he- Ryder?"

He smirked. "Relax, speed racer. I told your mom I would take you." He hugged me before grabbing my bags and opening the door for me. "After you, my lady."

I chuckled. Ryder and I had been friends for years. We met in elementary school and immediately became best friends, mostly because we were the only ones in our second grade class whose names started with the letter 'R'. Our seats were in order by first name instead of last, so we sat next to each other.

Ryder was really sweet but extremely over protective. His mate rejected him for a human and he went through a lot of pain. He'd been overprotective of me ever since because he said he never wanted me to go through what he had to go through.

At first I thought it was sweet, but when he interviewed the guys I liked and followed me onto my dates, it got a bit annoying. He had backed off a little because he found other things to be over protective about. He had even convinced my mom not to let me take my driving test until six months after I turned sixteen, then he didn't even let me use my license for a month after that. But that's Ryder; my overprotective best friend.

"Watch out!" He suddenly yelled.

I stopped. "What? What is it?"

"You almost tripped over that pebble." I should have known it would be something stupid. "Maybe I should just carry you the rest of the way."

"No, I'm fine." I started walking again. "I'm sure I can make it to the car without- whoa!" I don't know how, but I tripped over a pebble- the same one Ryder had just warned me about. Before I hit the ground I landed in his arms. 

"Ok, I'm carrying you." He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Ryder!" I pounded on his back.

"Yes?"

"Let me go!"

"Nope."

"RYDER!"

"Yes, Riya?" He said calmly.

"Put. Me. Down!"

"Ok." He opened the car door and placed me in the passenger's seat. "You're welcome."

I smiled sarcastically.

When we arrived at school, I got out of the car. There were a few guys staring at me, which wasn't quite out of the ordinary. Ryder, of course, didn't like that. He sent them glares and put a protective arm around my shoulder.

"So...I heard there was going to be a new chemistry teacher." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, he'll probably be boring. I mean, it's chemistry!" As soon as he was done talking, he turned his head back to any guy looked at me for more than two seconds.