Chapter 7

A/N: Pic of Felix (Francisco Lachowski) ^^^^^ 

(and another one in the external link) 

I was finally happy. I had spent the rest of Saturday at Felix's house working on our English project and I had even slept over, fearing what was to come when I got home. After all, I just left without a word. I hadn't even changed out of my pajamas. I had to change into Felix's mom's clothes, which were actually very stylish and only one size above mine.

It was Sunday evening and Felix and I were cuddling on his couch. I knew I had to leave soon, but I didn't want to. I knew I would have to face everyone. Well, everyone except Kady. I had already called her and told her where I was, but not to tell anyone. She agreed to act clueless, and she was a great actress.

I turned to Felix. "Hey, babe, I have to go. Everyone will be worried."

"Who's everyone? I though you said your mom knew you were sleeping over. Who else is there?"

I realized my mistake and quickly thought up a cover. "Oh, Kady, Meiko, Tracy, and I were supposed to meet up at Strawberry Smoothies for lunch two hours ago. I forgot to tell them I wasn't coming and they probably wouldn't think to ask my mom." Meiko and Tracy were two of my good friends, but they were in a different pack and went to a different school, and Strawberry Smoothies was our frequent hang out place. 

"OK." He leaned in to kiss me and I kissed him back. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

*****

As soon as I walked into the pack house, all hell broke loose.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"

I couldn't even tell who was saying what, as multiple people crowding around me and yelling.

"Hey, hey, HEY!" I heard Kady yell. "Everyone calm down. Half of you weren't even thinking 'bout her so why don't you get to steppin' while the rest of us handle our business! OK?" When no one moved she repeated herself. "STEP!" She pointed somewhere to her right indicating they should leave, and they did.

Kady only got that crazy when she was impatient. But I didn't blame her. I was getting pretty impatient too. I quickly maneuvered my way over to her and thanked her.

"I know you all are upset because I just left without telling anyone, and I'm sorry. But I'm here now and I'm completely safe." With that, Kady and I took off up the stairs and into my room. Waiting for me there was Ryder snuggled up in my covers.

He quickly scrambled out of bed and gave me a suffocating hug. "Riya, where have you been? I was so worried! I looked everywhere for you! Well, obviously not everywhere, but where were you?"

Kady whispered very softly in my ear and if I wasn't a werewolf I wouldn't have even heard her. "He slept in your room last night because your covers smelled like you and it was pretty much the only thing that kept him sane. You know how over protective he can get."

I chuckled while Ryder just tapped his foot impatiently. "I'm waiting."

"Listen, Ryder," I sat him on the bed and then sat down beside him. "You know how I said not every guy is out to hurt me and one day I'll be dating someone and you'll have to deal with it?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, today is that day." I watched Ryder for a reaction. At first he tensed before getting up and walking away.

Kady stood in the corner, surprised. "I can not believe you told him! Are you guys really that serious after two days?"

"Yeah, I know, it's so crazy! But Felix and I have liked each other for a long time. He is so sweet and exactly how I imagined my mate would be. I'm happy with him."