Chapter 8

Not completely edited. (Well I didn't really read over the last maybe 1/3 of it to make sure it made sense so sorry for any mistakes).

Pic of Kady Parker (ParkerMcKenna Posey) above ^^^^^ 

*****

By Thursday afternoon I had gotten the green contacts like Kady had asked. All that was left was clothing, since Kady said she had everything else covered.

We were at the mall picking out clothes. Well, Kady was picking out clothes and throwing them onto the floor.

"No....no....ew no, can't believe I just touched that...never in my life!" She said as she tossed outfits aside.

I laughed. "Kady, calm down. How about this?" I held up a tight, royal blue skirt and a black shirt with lace sleeves.

"For who?"

"You. I mean, you usually wear dresses and I usually wear skirts. I actually only own like two dresses and Ryder knows both of them."

She thought for a second. "Let me try it on."

We went inside the biggest dressing room stall and Kady tried on the outfit I picked out.

I gave her a once over. "You look amazing! There's just one thing I forgot. I'll be right back." I ran out of the dressing room stall and went straight to the shoes. I grabbed a pair of black stilettos, since Kady usually wore wedges. I quickly ran back to the dressing room and handed her the shoes.

She tried them on. "Cute!"

I nodded in agreement. She looked great.

"Your turn!" She got back into her school clothes and we paid for her outfit.

We decided to try a different store since we knew exactly what we were looking for. We went into a store called Body-Licious.

"Really, Kady?"

"What? One of your dresses is too long and the other is too modest."

I nodded. She had a point.

We looked around for about five minutes before Kady squealed in excitement. She pulled out a tight, strapless dress that was black at the bust and cheetah print on the bottom half (really it was more like bottom two thirds). To go along with it she had black pumps with gold spikes on the heel.

I scoffed. I could never wear an outfit like that. "Not a chance."

She raised her eyebrows. "Bet."

*****

Two hours later I was sitting on my bed, eating Chinese food from the mall, and staring at my cheetah print dress and spiky heels. All I could think was is this Chinese food really worth it?

Yes, Kady had bribed me with Chinese food and honestly, it was kind of worth it. I mean, no one would even know it was me at the party, if our disguises were successful. Even though I hadn't actually seen everything put together, I had faith that these disguises would be very effective.

The only thing I was worried about was what we might see at this party. Kady had already done her best to make sure Ryder was going to be there so it was almost guaranteed. But what if he and Evona were together? Would I be able to handle that?

I had to be honest with myself; a part of me would be a little jealous. I couldn't figure out exactly why but it was probably because I would have to fight for Ryder's attention after we made up. Before, I was usually the only person Ryder focused on. I wasn't even sure he had any other friends, to be honest.